Last Updated on by
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #FoundMyDelight #CollectiveBias
Caramel Macchiato Ice Cream Sandwiches are the perfect way to treat yourself and stay cool this summer. Easy and delicious – a favorite crowd pleaser!
Are the dog days of summer getting you down? Are you melting in the searing heat index of this summers
warm LIFE DRAINING MOLTEN LAVA HOT days? Well, you know what? Me too!! But before you give up all hope and start packing to move to the South Pole, let me throw you a life line.. International Delight Iced Coffee. Oh, I see I have your full and undivided attention now, don’t I?
Talk about a life saver, I just found out that International Delight now makes flavored iced coffees and as a complete coffee addict I can assure you that nothing was going to keep me away from those! Coffee house flavor without having to drive and leave the comfort of my air conditioner? Um.. yes please! Plus, not only will they save me the time and trouble of driving to my overpriced coffeehouse, they are saving me money!!! One entire carton of International Delight Iced Coffee is less expensive than buying just one DRINK at those fancy schmancy coffee places.
By the way, they come in both Mocha and Caramel Macchiato flavors so you know I was planning on getting both, right? I mean, how could you not? The happiness scale just flew off the chart!!
I found out that Walmart carries both International Delight Iced Coffee – Mocha and International Delight Iced Coffee – Caramel Macchiato in their refrigerated tea/juice section of the store so I jumped in my car and drove around the corner to my local Walmart.
It is always so convenient to shop at Walmart because they always have everything I need in one place. There’s no need to jump from store to store in search of different products when Walmart carries everything you need. It’s the perfect one-stop store.
I quickly found the refrigerated tea/juice section and scooped up both of the International Delight Iced Coffee flavors and quickly dropped them into my cart like I was about to be robbed by that spry looking grandma down the way shopping for sour cream. Mine. Mine. Mine! Then I set about doing my normal weekly shopping and as I walked up and down the aisles I started thinking about what else I could use those amazing flavors in. Ice cream floats? Ice cream? OMG…. ICE CREAM SANDWICHES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What better way to stay cool than a big huge glass of International Delight Iced Coffee – Mocha paired with Caramel Macchiato ice cream sandwiches?
I tell you, I almost abandoned my shopping cart right then and there! Instead, I exercised restraint and like a normal adult human being, finished my shopping so hubby actually had FOOD in the house and drove the speed limit back to my house with my various bags of good intentions.
And then magic was created!
I poured myself that long awaited tall glass of Mocha flavored goodness and set to making the most amazing homemade ice cream flavor ever made.
Talk about easy! I had heard making homemade ice cream was so easy to do and after speaking with a few people (including my 29 year old nephew) apparently the entire world makes their own ice cream.. everyone but me, that is. This is a power that I should never possess but Ha! Ha! … I know how to do it now!!
The ice cream made and lovingly popped into the freezer to fulfill it’s purpose in life, I then poured myself another glass of International Delight Iced Coffee – Mocha and turned to the cookie portion of our program. The first batch I made tasted great but were thin and crunchy.. not the cookie vibe I was looking for. The second batch of cookies came out PERFECT and I practically ate half of them while before the ice cream was even ready. I’m really not good at being a responsible adult.
I let my International Delight Iced Coffee – Caramel Macchiato ice cream freeze overnight and then it was time! I let hubby try it first.. would it be as amazing as I thought it would/could be? Well, let’s just say I had to fight him for the container back. It was perfect, the most amazing Caramel Macchiato flavor and creamy dreamy soft serve. Once I paired it with Chocolate Soft Baked Cookies, I knew we had the perfect marriage of flavors.
Then I added sprinkles because I’m fancy like that.
For more International Delight Iced Coffee inspiration, don’t forget to check out HERE and HERE!
Caramel Macchiato Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Chocolate Soft Baked Cookies
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tbl brown sugar
- 2 tbl strong black coffee
- 2 cup flour
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (I actually did mine half regular and half dark chocolate)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- Caramel Macchiato Ice Cream - Make the day before
- 1 14 oz can condensed milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup International Delight Iced Coffee - Caramel Macchiato
- 2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup caramel ice cream topping
- Sprinkles - optional but completely recommended
- To make the ice cream, add condensed milk, salt and International Delight Iced Coffee - Caramel Macchiato in a medium sized bowl and whisk to combine
- In a separate bowl and using an electric mixer, whip the heavy whipping cream until stiff peaks form - about 2 to 4 minutes
- Fold in the condensed milk mixture into the whipped cream until well incorporated and then transfer to a freezer safe container such as a metal bread pan or a glass storage container with a lid
- Spoon / drizzle the caramel ice cream topping on top of the ice cream and using a knife, swirl the caramel back and forth through the ice cream taking the knife all the way to the bottom of the vessel
- Cover with lid or plastic wrap and freeze 8 hrs or until center reaches soft serve consistency
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and cover baking sheet with parchment paper
- To make the cookies start by combining butter and sugar in a large bowl. Using a hand mixer, beat until mixed well.
- Add in brown sugar, coffee, and eggs and beat to combine
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, salt and cocoa. Slowly incorporate into the butter mixture
- Batter will be very thick.. that's a good thing!
- Drop a spoon full of batter into you hand and roll lightly to make a ball and then transfer to the baking sheet
- Bake cookies for 9-11 minutes and let cool on baking sheet for 1 minute after removing them from the oven
- Transfer cookies to cooling rack to finish cooling then store in airtight container until ice cream is ready
- To make the sandwiches, spoon as much ice cream as you like onto the back side of a cookie and then top with another.. roll through sprinkles just because you can 🙂