Last Updated on by
Spice up homemade Crawfish Fettuccine Alfredo by adding in tender, delicious crawfish and a healthy dash of Cajun seasoning. Perfect!
If you are like me, when it comes to seafood I will try just about anything. I am an avid lover of fish, shrimp, calamari, crab, lobster and yes.. crawfish!!
Crawfish for this Florida girl has been elusive and mostly a mystery. It wasn’t until Big Scary Mike and I went to New Orleans for our honeymoon that I first tried Crawfish Fettuccine Alfredo and ever since then I have been HOOKED. But finding crawfish locally is either really easy and I just don’t know it or very hard and that’s why I never see them.
Until….. the day I found them in my local grocery store freezer section!!! Are they fresh out of the Mississippi and ready for a low country boil? Eh.. probably not. But are they still delicious and easy to add to every dish I can imagine? That would be a BIG FAT YES!!!!
As amazing as they are, the crawfish are not the star of this Crawfish Fettuccine Alfredo dish. If you have been looking for a delicious homemade Alfredo recipe, here it is. I will admit, I am a bit snobby when it comes to any Alfredo sauce that is not being served to me in a restaurant. I am not a fan of the jarred Alfredo sauces you can buy in the store, although my husband is and is happy anytime I break one out for him. As for myself, I like as real of an Alfredo sauce as I can make and after much trial and defeat, I finally have a recipe I love.
You will be amazed at how easy it is to make homemade Alfredo sauce. And if you do not have crawfish in your area or are not a fan, this Crawfish Fettuccine Alfredo recipe is perfect with grilled chicken, Cajun shrimp, crab meat… oh, goodness…. lobster (!!) or it is even perfect just as it is.
Like what you see? Don’t forget to follow me on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest .. and yup, even Instagram!
Crawfish Fettuccine Alfredo
- Alfredo Sauce
- 2 tbl butter
- 2 tbl all purpose flour
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 tbl garlic powder
- 3/4 to 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- 1 tbl Cajun seasoning (leave out if doing traditional Alfredo sauce)
- 1 lb fettuccini noodles , cooked per manufacturers instructions
- 3 lbs crawfish , thawed, peeled and deveined
- In a skillet, melt the butter over medium heat
- Add in the flour and whisk together for 1 minute
- Pour in the milk and cream and whisk the flour mixture into the liquid.. increase heat to medium high
- When sauce comes to a low boil, whisk in cheese (and seasoning if using) and reduce heat to a simmer..
- Let low simmer for 20 minutes... be prepared to add in crawfish to the sauce 5 minutes before you are ready to serve (they don't take long to warm up)
- While sauce is cooking, prepare pasta to box instructions and when pasta is cooked, drain and toss with Alfredo sauce
- Serve immediately