Spice up homemade Crawfish Fettuccine Alfredo by adding in tender, delicious crawfish and a healthy dash of Cajun seasoning. Perfect!
If you are like me, when it comes to seafood I will try just about anything. I am an avid lover of fish, shrimp, calamari, crab, lobster and yes.. crawfish!!
Crawfish for this Florida girl has been elusive and mostly a mystery. It wasn’t until Big Scary Mike and I went to New Orleans for our honeymoon that I first tried Crawfish Fettuccine Alfredo and ever since then I have been HOOKED. But finding crawfish locally is either really easy and I just don’t know it or very hard and that’s why I never see them.
Until….. the day I found them in my local grocery store freezer section!!! Are they fresh out of the Mississippi and ready for a low country boil? Eh.. probably not. But are they still delicious and easy to add to every dish I can imagine? That would be a BIG FAT YES!!!!
As amazing as they are, the crawfish are not the star of this Crawfish Fettuccine Alfredo dish. If you have been looking for a delicious homemade Alfredo recipe, here it is. I will admit, I am a bit snobby when it comes to any Alfredo sauce that is not being served to me in a restaurant. I am not a fan of the jarred Alfredo sauces you can buy in the store, although my husband is and is happy anytime I break one out for him. As for myself, I like as real of an Alfredo sauce as I can make and after much trial and defeat, I finally have a recipe I love.
You will be amazed at how easy it is to make homemade Alfredo sauce. And if you do not have crawfish in your area or are not a fan, this Crawfish Fettuccine Alfredo recipe is perfect with grilled chicken, Cajun shrimp, crab meat… oh, goodness…. lobster (!!) or it is even perfect just as it is.
- Alfredo Sauce
- 2 tbl butter
- 2 tbl all purpose flour
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 tbl garlic powder
- 3/4 to 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- 1 tbl Cajun seasoning (leave out if doing traditional Alfredo sauce)
- 1 lb fettuccini noodles , cooked per manufacturers instructions
- 3 lbs crawfish , thawed, peeled and deveined
- In a skillet, melt the butter over medium heat
- Add in the flour and whisk together for 1 minute
- Pour in the milk and cream and whisk the flour mixture into the liquid.. increase heat to medium high
- When sauce comes to a low boil, whisk in cheese (and seasoning if using) and reduce heat to a simmer..
- Let low simmer for 20 minutes... be prepared to add in crawfish to the sauce 5 minutes before you are ready to serve (they don't take long to warm up)
- While sauce is cooking, prepare pasta to box instructions and when pasta is cooked, drain and toss with Alfredo sauce
- Serve immediately