Halloween Whoopie Cookie Bars are the perfect frosted cookie to treat yourself with. Chocolate chip cookie bars with frosting!!
*This post may contain affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links, I could receive compensation.*
If there is one thing this girl will always love, it’s homemade chocolate chip cookies. You know the ones, the most perfect recipe off the back of the morsel bag. Yup … THOSE cookies. Now, I will admit that anytime I make homemade cookies, I am the first person to break the cardinal rule of cookie making and I will straight up eat that raw cookie batter all day long. So much so that if I am consoling myself after a bad day by baking, I often will look down and wonder why the recipe is only putting out 17 cookies. Um… yeah…. YOU ATE THEM ALL BEFORE THEY EVEN GOT TO BE BAKED!!!!
Put down the spoon and step away… just step away….
Then I realized I was seeing more and more recipes that made the cookies into bars. This is an awesome idea as it saves time and lets be honest .. any cookies is a good cookie. Then I decided we should just take it one step further… F.R.O.S.T.I.N.G!!! So if we take chocolate chip cookies and make them into bars and then, oh hey, lets add frosting and know what? .. while we are at it, we should also add Halloween colored M&Ms and then slap another layer of cookie on top to make a sandwich… there is NO bad day that can survive against that!!
So that’s exactly what I did! Now we have Halloween Whoopie Cookie Bars!
Now, keep in mind that you are basically cutting the recipe in half by doubling them up and making sandwiches. If you are looking to make enough for a kids party or even a potluck at work, you may want to double the cookie recipe. I did this and then used my 15 x 9 jelly roll pan and they came out perfect. Seriously, if you do not have one (or three) of these, click below and treat yourself. These are truly a life saver when you are making 42 dozen cookies for the holidays.
For a single batch, a 13 x 9 sheet pan is fine.
Please leave me a comment and let me know what you think… or just say Hi! I love hearing from you!!
Halloween Whoopie Cookie Bars
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 1 cup Halloween M&Ms
- 1 10 oz tub of your favorite frosting or homemade buttercream frosting
- Red and Yellow food coloring
- Start by preheating oven to 350 degrees
- Grease single cookie sheet pan or 15 x 9 jelly roll pan
- Direct from the back of the Nestle morsel bag
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl.
- Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in morsels and M&Ms
- Spread into prepared pan. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on pan on wire rack.
- Once cool cut into same sized bars
- Combine frosting with red and yellow food coloring until it reaches the orange color of your liking
- Apply frosting to one bar and then top with another bar making a sandwich
- Hide them before anyone else sees them!!!!