Next Day Stuffing Waffles are the most delicious way to gather your family together and free your refrigerator of all those holiday leftovers.
We made it through the grocery store mobs, finding that one place setting that got lost from the linen closet sometime throughout the year, the frantic search for gravy boat… we came, we saw, we cooked, WE CONQUERED!!!
Now it’s the next morning and your refrigerator is jammed up jelly tight in every corner with leftovers from the meal the day before. You promise you will freeze the leftover turkey, everyone says they will eat plates and plates of your delicious offerings until they are all gone but if your house is like mine, that promise falls somewhere between a myth and an outright lie. Unless you have a large family, I don’t think the empty refrigerator dream ever happens. So why not surprise everyone with a new twist to the leftover dilemma?
What am I talking about? Waffles! W-A-F-F-L-E-S!!! Yummy, delicious, easy to make waffles! But not just any kind of waffles… Next Day Stuffing Waffles!!
I have been waiting for the next major holiday to hit for months!!! Next Day Stuffing Waffles… how perfect can this be? Load those bad boys up and you have all of your favorite holiday foods in one bite.. plus, if you maybe reveled in a little too much holiday cheer the night before (You!.. I see you… I know what you did last night!) these are now to be your new best friend. Trust me!
I made these (half order) with my favorite leftovers, like my Apple Chutney Chutney and my Stuffing Muffins, but don’t be afraid to free style on this one. Grab the whole family, invite the neighbors, lay out those leftovers and create your own Congo line.
You too will be blessed with a leftover free refrigerator!
Happiness and blessings!
Please leave me a comment and let me know what you think… or just say Hi! I love hearing from you!!
Like what you see? Don’t forget to follow me on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest … and yup, even Instagram!
Next Day Stuffing Waffles
- Makes 4 large waffles
- 4 cups leftover stuffing aka 'dressing'
- 3 eggs
- Heavy splash of chicken broth
- All of your favorite leftover holiday foods from the day before (warmed up)
- Prepare your waffle maker following manufacturers instructions and spray with non stick spray.
- In a large mixing bowl combine 2 cups of leftover stuffing, 2 large eggs and a splash of chicken broth
- Using a fork, mix together while smashing the stuffing with the fork to break up any larger pieces
- The 'batter' should not be runny but ooey gooey spoonable
- Once your waffle maker is ready, spoon your stuffing batter evenly onto the waffle maker and close lid
- Stuffing waffles take a bit longer than normal waffles.. mine took approx 5 minutes.. don't check too often, you will smell when they are done and take them out when they are golden brown.
- Cover cooked waffles in all of your holiday favorite foods
Leave a Reply