One Pot Cheesy Chicken Pasta is a hearty meal that’s on your table in 30 minutes. Tender chicken, pasta, cheese and broccoli make this the perfect dinner.
If there is one thing that I can never have too many of, it’s quick easy one-pot meal recipes that I can get on the dinner table in under 30 minutes. My newest creation? One Pot Cheesy Chicken Pasta!
I know I am not the only one in love with the no muss, no fuss concept. I am a busy busy girl and I know that all of you, my friends, are too. As much as I love a long slow-roasted pot of yumminess that’s been bubbling away on my stove for 9 hours, that is completely impractical in the real world, at least on a daily basis.
Unless I hit the Powerball tonight. If I win
that Lottery then that may be my new life mission, slow cooked meals everyday from here until eternity. But for now, no shot!
Can you believe it is August already?? UGG!! That means that this time of year is my busiest and I just don’t always have time to cook a drawn-out meal. That’s why this easy One Pot Cheesy Chicken Pasta recipe is my new best friend. August means I have to kick myself into overdrive because as a food blogger our busy season is right around the corner and as the Queen of Halloween that means my weekends are spent squeezing building Halloween props into my already impossible schedule and find time to see my husband.
For the record, not very successful at that.
But whether it is your work schedule or travel schedule or the kids going back to school or any of the above, all of the above, everyone loves a hearty meal in under 30 minutes and with only one pot to clean.
That right there is the secret of life, trust me.
So what’s a better one pot meal than one combining all of my favorites? Chicken, pasta, cheese! Yes…. I threw in broccoli for Michael but I don’t even mind that too much. This is the perfect meal to feed your family on the go. Hearty, packed with protein and vegetables, it seriously gets no easier than this. So next time you are looking scrambling for dinner idea as you are running out the door, give this One Pot Cheesy Chicken Pasta recipe a try.
At least until you hit the Powerball. #mynewandshinybestfriend
Like what you see? Don’t forget to follow me on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest … and yup, even Instagram!
One Pot Cheesy Chicken Pasta
- 1 lb chicken breast bite sized pieces
- 2 tbl olive oil
- 3 cup chicken broth
- 8 oz pasta uncooked
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup cream
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 8 oz sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 15 oz frozen broccoli florets
- green onion for garnish
- Start with heating a large skillet over medium high heat and adding olive oil
- Brown bite size chunks of chicken breast until cooked .. approximately 7-10 minutes
- Pour in chicken broth, spices and pasta and cook covered for however long your pasta manufacturer instructions suggest. Add in frozen broccoli 3 minutes before pasta is done. Occasionally stir dish and recover
- Once pasta is cooked, add in cream cheese and stir until melted. Pour in cream and add in parmesan cheese and cheddar cheese and stir until all is combined and cheese has melted.
- Serve immediately