Last Updated on by
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SwissMissFrozen #CollectiveBias #Ad
This Pink Velvet Frozen Hot Chocolate Recipe is easy, fast and the very best way to transform your Swiss Miss® Milk Chocolate Hot Cocoa Mix and Reddi-wip® Original Whipped Topping into a decadent frozen treat to help keep you cool this summer.
There are just some things that make you happy… happy .. happy! The warm, comforting food love that comes from a steaming hot cup of Swiss Miss® Milk Chocolate Hot Cocoa Mix is one of them. Take me back to my childhood and Swiss Miss® powdered hot chocolate was always front and center when the weather turned cold. Now, as an adult, I am still it’s biggest fan and you can open my kitchen pantry at any time in the winter months and you will always find at least two different varieties of hot chocolate waiting to be gobbled up. But what about when the weather warms up and it’s 105 degrees outside? … what’s a girl to do to offset her hot chocolate addiction then??? Let me tell you what you do!!! .. you grab your favorite Swiss Miss® hot chocolate packets and your shiny red can of Reddi-wip® Original Whipped Topping and you make this super easy, super cute, super satisfying Pink Velvet Frozen Hot Chocolate Recipe.
Wait! What?? Frozen hot chocolate???
Oh yes, my friends, you read that right. Frozen hot chocolate is the very best way to introduce hot chocolate to what we call summertime. Now here in the South, our summers are brutal and when I say brutal, I mean you just can’t even breathe. The day starts off hot and only gets hotter and more humid as the day goes on. By 10.30 AM you are looking at a heat index of over 110 degrees with 99.9% humidity. That sufficating blanket of molten lava lasts until aproximately 4.21 PM when the afternoon thunderstorm rolls through and by 4.33 PM you are back to searing sunshine and even more humidity (thanks Mother Nature!!). Trust me when I say summer is just intolerable and it’s miserable to even walk anywhere that AC is directly blowing on you.
Yep, until I discovered that my favorite Swiss Miss® treat could be transformed into the perfect summer cool down drink. Who doesn’t love a frosty glass of frozen chocolate happiness to combat the dreary heat and humidy of summer weather? Talk about a quick easy and refreshing frozen treat, this Pink Velvet Frozen Hot Chocolate Recipe comes together in just a few minutes, even with the cute little flamino chocolate pops.
Stop. Before you poo-poo the chocolate flaminos, give me one good reason why white chocolate pink flaminos are NOT a good idea to add to your Pink Velvet Frozen Hot Chocolate Recipe… go ahead …. I’m waiting …. EXACTLY!!
There just aint no party like a white chocolate pink flamingo Pink Velvet Frozen Hot Chocolate Recipe party!! Boom!
Plus, one thing I love about Swiss Miss® is that Swiss Miss® is made with real milk. For more than 50 years, Swiss Miss® has been creating their signature Swiss Miss® blend in a real dairy in Menomonie, Wisconsin. They support more than 80 local dairy farms that supply them with farm-fresh milk every day, and they package all of our products here in the USA.
Go USA!! I love that!!
So how do you make these awesome little frosted mugs of pure chocolate perfection? This Pink Velvet Frozen Hot Chocolate Recipe is so fun and so easy to make, start by heading to your local Walmart. Walmart is always my go-to one stop shopping store and I found everything I needed to make this Pink Velvet Frozen Hot Chocolate Recipe in the grocery section with the exception of the flamingo candy molds. Candy molds are usually on the other side of the store but if you are unable to find them, you could always order them online, as well. Walmart is awesome like that, they carry such a variety of items that you can always find what you need in one stop without having to jump from store to store to piece together everything you need for a project. So there I was, standing in the coffee aisle in Walmart and I noticed that they carry my favorite Swiss Miss hot chocolate mix. I had just seen a commercial for some big fancy frozen chocolate drink and it suddenly hit me … FROZEN HOT CHOCOLATE!!
I got so excited, I snatched up my Swiss Miss® Milk Chocolate Hot Cocoa Mix, I grabbed up a big ol’ can of Reddi-wip® Original Whipped Topping and a few other items and I’m pretty sure I broke a few traffic laws rushing home. I dusted off my trusty blender and went to work making this Pink Velvet Frozen Hot Chocolate Recipe.
I started by dividing my white chocolate chips into two bowls and laying out my flamingo candy mold. I heated up one bowl of white chocolate chips, stiring every 30 seconds until they were melted.
I stirred in my hot pink gel food coloring and then carefully spooned the hot pink chocolate in the flamingo mold. I used the tip of a knife to ‘clean up’ my mistakes and then popped the mold in the refrigerator for 10 minutes.
While my candy was setting and my chocolate was still warm, I poured some pretty sprinkles into a small bowl and grabbed up my glasses. I dipped the rim of my glasses in the chocolate, making sure the entire rim was lightly covered in the chocolate.
Then I lightly pressed the coated rim into the pretty sprinkles to make a fancy rim to add to the fun of my flamingo drink.
By the time I was done, it was about time to remove the candy mold from the fridge. That done, I heated up my second bowl of white chocolate chips, again stirring every 30 seconds until they were melted and then carefully spooned the white chocolate into the mold to complete the candy. I returned my candy mold to the refrigerator for about 15 – 20 minutes. Once the candy had set and was hard to the touch, I turned the mold face down on my counter and lightly pressed the flamingo pops out of their mold. That being done, it was time to get down to business and make this Pink Velvet Frozen Hot Chocolate Recipe.
I added 6 cups of ice to my blender along with milk, Swiss Miss® Milk Chocolate Hot Cocoa Mix packets, strawberry syrup and some more of that hot pink gel food coloring. I hit that Blend button and let it go!!
Within a minute I had the perfect hot Pink Velvet Frozen Hot Chocolate Recipe. I simply poured my Pink Velvet Frozen Hot Chocolate into my fancy glass, topped it off with a big shhusssh of Reddi-wip® Original Whipped Topping and plopped in my white chocolate flamingo and This Girl was flying fancy!
This Pink Velvet Frozen Hot Chocolate Recipe is so easy to bring together and is really the perfect way to celebrate summer and keep cool doing it. Transforming your favorite hot chocolate into a frozen, refreshing chocolately drink is the very best way to treat yourself as the weather warms up.
Looking for even more frozen hot chocolate inspiration? Click HERE for even more delicious, decadent ideas!
DID YOU LIKE THIS POST? BE SURE TO SHARE IT ON PINTEREST!
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE? PLEASE GIVE IT A STAR RATING BELOW!
Pink Velvet Frozen Hot Chocolate Recipe
Frozen Hot Chocolate
- 6 cups ice
- 4 packets Swiss Miss® Milk Chocolate Hot Cocoa Mix
- 2 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons strawberry syrup
- 1 13 ounce can Reddi-wip® Original Whipped Topping
- hot pink gel food coloring
The Fancy Extras
- 8 ounces white chocolate chips
- 1 plastic flamingo candy mold
- pretty festive sprinkles
- Started by dividing the white chocolate chips into two bowls and laying out your flamingo candy mold. Heat up one bowl of white chocolate chips on High, stiring every 30 seconds until they are melted. Stir in the hot pink gel food coloring and then carefully spoon the hot pink chocolate in the flamingo mold.
- Use the tip of a knife to 'clean up' any mistakes and then pop the mold in the refrigerator for 10 minutes. While your candy is setting and your chocolate is still warm, pour some pretty sprinkles into a small bowl and grab up your glasses. Dip the rim of you glasses in the chocolate, making sure the entire rim is lightly covered in the chocolate. Then lightly press the coated rim into the pretty sprinkles to make a fancy rim to add to the fun of your flamingo drink.
- After 10 minutes, remove the candy mold from the fridge. That done, heat up your second bowl of white chocolate chips, again stirring every 30 seconds until they are melted and then carefully spoon the white chocolate into the mold to complete the candy.Return the candy mold to the refrigerator for about 15 - 20 minutes. Once the candy had set and is hard to the touch, turn the mold face down on your counter and lightly press the flamingo pops out of their mold.
- Next, add 6 cups of ice to your blender along with the milk, Swiss Miss hot chocolate packets, strawberry syrup and some more of that hot pink gel food coloring. Hit that Blend button blend until all of the ice is crushed and you have a slushy, frosted drink. Poured your Pink Velvet Frozen Hot Chocolate into your fancy glass, top it off with a big shhusssh of Redi-Whip and plop in your white chocolate flamingo and ENJOY!