Deliciously decadent layers of peanut butter, chocolate and Snickers candy bars make this Snickers Peanut Butter Chocolate Parfait the perfect dessert!
Are you looking for the perfect dessert? I’m not talking about a nice chocolate cake or polite little sugar cookies…I am referring to the PERFECT dessert.
I know … every dessert I put on this blog that involves chocolate and peanut butter together is the ‘perfect dessert’. Guilty!
But seriously!!!!! Chocolate. Peanut butter. Snickers bars. Whipped topping. Yes.. now try to top all of that!!! It’s just not possible! Now whether you are a faithful follower of this website or if you are a new friend (Welcome!!… big wave and big smile!), I am not shy about admitting that peanut butter and chocolate is my favorite combination. I’ve uses that combination to make cookies (Peanut Butter Blossoms), I’ve used the chocolate peanut butter combination in pies (Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie), I have even used chocolate peanut butter to make the perfect no bake bars (No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter No Bake Bars). But this dessert takes my
obsession appreciation to a whole new level!
Not only do we have peanut butter and chocolate, we also are adding in Snicker candy bars! Who doesn’t love Snickers? I mean, I know there are some people who maybe have a peanut allergy you cannot partake in there chocolatey peanutty goodness (I’m very sorry about that, by the way), but aside from that who doesn’t love Snicker bars? I think they might even be the most popular candy bar in America for … like…. 5,000 years running. Okay, maybe not that long. But you get the idea …
When you take all of these fundamentally amazing ingredients and you combine them all into one little glass and you honestly have Heaven in the palm of your hand… or an epic Get Out Of Jail Free card. Am I being overly dramatic? Quite possibly but I promise it’s not for no reason. These parfaits are amazingly easy to make. They are no bake, they only take a few ingredients to make and they can be put together in a short amount of time which makes them perfect for those surprise guest that pop over or maybe you just had a bad day I need to treat yourself. Kids will love these, your neighbors will sing your praises… of course, you will probably gain fifty pounds but really isn’t that a very small price to pay for the ability to bring forth such happiness into the world? … or at least your kitchen?
The hardest part about making this parfait is keeping the sides of the glass clean while you spoon the different layers in, but let’s be honest, as you are inhaling the entire parfait in one sitting, are clean glass sides really important? Yeah didn’t think so either? I hope that you enjoy this recipe.. please let me know how yours comes out and if you’ll excuse me, Mike isn’t home from work yet so that means I still have another parfait chilling in my fridge calling my name.
Psst… Now that we are friends, don’t you think we should spend some more time together? That’s what besties do, right? Don’t forget to follow me on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest .. and yup, even Instagram!
Snickers Peanut Butter Chocolate Parfait
- Makes 8 Snickers Peanut Butter Chocolate Parfaits
- 12 oz cream cheese
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/4 cup peanut butter , creamy
- 2 Regular sized Snickers candy bars.. chopped down the middle and then crosswise to create chunks
- 1/2 cup salted peanuts , chopped
- 12 oz tub favorite whipped topping
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 12 oz can evaporated milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Combine chocolate chips, evaporated milk and vanilla in a microwave safe bowl and heat on High for 1 minute .. Stir and heat for another 30 seconds .. Stir and remove from microwave.. Stir until all of the chips are melted and set aside
- Start by whipping your cream cheese with an electric mixer - you just want to loosen it up a bit
- Pour in the sugar and mix with the cream cheese until combined
- Spoon the peanut butter into the cream cheese / sugar mixture and mix to combine
- Scoop 1 1/2 cup of whipped topping into the peanut butter batter and using a large spoon or spatula, cut whipped topping in until all is combined
- Begin spooning your layers into the serving glass of your choice .. peanut butter then whipped cream then a sprinkle of nuts and a layer of chocolate ... repeat until you reach the top
- Chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour and then serve