Pumpkin Cupcakes with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
Homemade moist Pumpkin Cupcakes with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting are tender, sweet and packed with flavor from real pumpkin and you favorite fall spices.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time18 mins
Total Time23 mins
Servings: 18 Cupcakes
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
- 2/3 cup butter, room temperature
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3.5 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 1-2 tablespoons milk or cream
For the Pumpkin Cupcakes
To make these Pumpkin cupcakes, start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees and either spray your muffin tins with non stick cooking spray or line with cupcake wrappers
Next, combine the oil, brown sugar, white sugar eggs, vanilla extract, maple syrup and spices in a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer. Add the pumpkin to your mixing bowl and mix to combine. In a separate bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, spices and salt and then slowly incorporate into the wet ingredients until well combined.
Spoon pumpkin mixture into muffin cups 2/3 of the way full. Bake for 18-22 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Remove from oven and let cool 1 minute in the tins before moving cupcakes to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
For the Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
For the cinnamon cream cheese frosting, in a large mixing bowl and using an electric mixer, beat butter and cream cheese until smooth and creamy. Mix in 1-2 tablespoons of milk until you reach the desired consistancy for your frosting.
Add cinnamon, vanilla and salt to the mixture and then slowly add in the sifted powdered sugar in batches until all has been incorporated. Once cupcakes have completely cooled, frost using a piping bag, zip top bag with a frosting coupling or just a good ol' butter knife.
BAKING TIPS FOR PERFECT PUMPKIN CUPCAKES
NEVER MISS A WICKED WHISK RECIPE
FACEBOOK / PINTEREST / INSTAGRAM
- Don't overmix your pumpkin cupcake batter. Once run your mixer long enough to incorporate the ingredients to avoid tough or dense cupcakes.
- Use a small measuring cup or an ice cream scooper to add your batter to your cupcake tins. This way your cupcakes are all the same size with none of the mess.
- Sift your powdered sugar into your cream cheese mixture. No one likes lumpy frosting.
- Cool completely before frosting your cupcakes otherwise the frosting will melt away and it will be a mess and you will be sad.
- Keep the frosting cool. Cream cheese frosting can be a bit grouchy at times but if you keep it cool and even pop it in the refrigerator for a spell, it’s just fine.
Serving: 24g | Calories: 361.1kcal | Carbohydrates: 45.6g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 20.2g | Saturated Fat: 6.9g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3.2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 8.3g | Cholesterol: 54.3mg | Sodium: 382mg | Potassium: 77.9mg | Fiber: 1.3g | Sugar: 31g | Vitamin A: 2795IU | Vitamin C: 0.3mg | Calcium: 29mg | Iron: 1mg