Philly Cheesesteak Dip
Philly Cheesesteak Dip is made with melted American cheese, grilled green peppers and onions and seasoned ground beef all brought together in the perfect easy party dip inspired by your favorite philly cheesesteak sandwich!
Servings: 48 chips
- 1 pound ground beef
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 large onion diced
- 1 large green pepper ribs and seeds removed, diced
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 16 ounces White American cheese shredded, divided
- Tortilla chips, bagel chips, etc for serving
Preheat oven to 400 degrees and place a large skillet on your stove top and heat to medium high
Add ground beef and cook until ground beef is no longer pink. Drain the grease and then return the ground beef to your skillet. Add in diced green pepper and onion and cook for 2-3 minutes until the peppers are tender.
In a large mixing bowl, add cream cheese, mayo, seasonings, Parmesan cheese and using a hand mixer, combine until smooth. Add the meat, onions and green pepper mixture and 2/3 of the American cheese. Stir to combine.
Spray a baking dish with non-stick spray and spoon your cheesesteak mixture into the dish and sprinkle with remaining American Cheese (and extra green peppers for garnish if you like) Bake 20-25 minutes or until top is golden brown. Remove from oven and serve hot with chips.
TIPS FOR THE BEST PHILLY CHEESESTEAK DIP
NEVER MISS A WICKED WHISK RECIPE
FACEBOOK / PINTEREST / INSTAGRAM
- It's important to get your skillet HOT before adding your ground beef. You want to give it a good crust for that extra flavor.
- Not an American cheese fan? Try substituting the American cheese with provolone, monterey jack or white cheddar instead.
- Hand shredded cheese is best but my grocery store only had slices to choose from. It all melts so don't over think it :)
- This dip can be prepared in advance and then stored in the fridge until you’re ready to bake it.
- You can add other ingredients to this cheesesteak dip, more great options are sauteed mushrooms, bacon bits or even fried onion crisps on top.
- Serve this with bagel chips, pita chips, tortilla chips, pretzels or corn chips.
Serving: 48g | Calories: 123.4kcal | Carbohydrates: 1.4g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 10.2g | Saturated Fat: 6.1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 37.5mg | Sodium: 199mg | Potassium: 96.9mg | Fiber: 0.1g | Sugar: 0.6g | Vitamin A: 300IU | Vitamin C: 1.7mg | Calcium: 83mg | Iron: 0.5mg