Chocolate Covered Halloween Pretzels
Chocolate Covered Halloween Pretzels are fun and festive chocolate covered pretzels decorated with spooky sprinkles for the perfect easy Halloween treat!
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time15 mins
Servings: 27 Pretzels
- 11 ounce bag of white chocolate chips
- 10 ounce bag pretzel rods
- variety of festive sprinkles
Start by lining a baking tray with parchment paper and add your chocolate chips to a double boiler and heat over medium-low heat. Slowly melt your chocolate and stir to remove any lumps.
Next, dip your pretzel into the melted chocolate and use a spoon or spatula to coat it with chocolate about half way up the rod.
Tap off the excess chocolate and then pour on or roll through the sprinkles, add the candy eyes or mini Halloween candies. Move to the parchment paper and let cool completely before serving.
PRO TIPS FOR MAKING HALLOWEEN PRETZELS
NEVER MISS A WICKED WHISK RECIPE
FACEBOOK / PINTEREST / INSTAGRAM
- I choose to use white baking chips for these chocolate covered pretzels but you could use semi-sweet, bittersweet or dark chocolate for this recipe
- This time of year it’s easy to find seasonal candy sprinkles and Halloween novelty items like edible bones and small candy corn. Have fun!
- I tried to make regular sized candy corns and big candies work for this but they are too heavy for these pretzels. Try to grab candies that are smaller than average if you can find them.
- My kitchen nemesis is trying to melt chocolate in the microwave. If you are a rock-star and it melts beautifully for you.. go for it. If you are a mere mortal like myself, grab a medium sized baking pot, fill it with 2 inches of water, add a heat proof mixing bowl on top of your pot and melt your chocolate over medium-low heat. I’ve learned to accept my limitations 🙂
- This is a fun treat for kids Halloween parties. Help the kids express their own creativity by making their own pretzels for the BEST party ever!
- Be sure to tap the excess chocolate off on the side of the bowl. Too much chocolate will cause your candy to sag and run off your pretzels.
- I used a spoon to help pour the chocolate on the pretzels.. it ensures your Halloween pretzels have an even amount of chocolate.
- To keep things clean and your entire house sprinkle free, consider lining up all of your sprinkle choices in a large baking dish and then rolling your pretzels in the sprinkles that way. Saves a ton of time chasing sprinkles!
Serving: 27ea | Calories: 83.6kcal | Carbohydrates: 12.2g | Protein: 1.4g | Fat: 3.2g | Saturated Fat: 2.7g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2.7g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 210.5mg | Fiber: 0.3g | Sugar: 5.2g | Vitamin C: 0.3mg | Calcium: 16mg