Tangy Mixed Bean Salad
Tangy Mixed Bean Salad is tangy, tart and refreshing, this is the only bean salad you will need for your next social get together. Made with pinto beans, garbanzo beans, fresh vegetables and lime juice, this colorful salad is the ultimate in delicious easy side dishes.
- 15 ounces pinto beans rinsed
- 15 ounces garbanzo beans rinsed
- 15 ounces canned corn or 2 cobs if using fresh
- 2 pints small heirloom tomatoes halved
- 1/2 red onion diced
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 3 jalapenos ribs/seeds removed, diced
- 1/3 cup cilantro chopped
- 2 - 3 limes juiced
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- salt and pepper to taste
Start by rinsing your pinto and garbanzo beans adding them to a large mixing bowl.
Halve the heirloom tomatoes and add them to the bowl. Chop your red onion, garlic, jalapeno and cilantro and add that to the bowl, as well. Add either fresh or canned corn along with both lemon and lime juices and mix well to incorporate.
Add salt and pepper to taste and move to refrigerator for 1 hour. Garnish the Easy Bean Salad with more cilantro before serving.
PRO TIPS FOR PERFECT SUMMER SALAD
- To maximize the shelf life your bean salad (for both safety and quality reasons) refrigerate in an airtight container. Properly stored, this will last for 3 to 5 days in the refrigerator.
- Cannellini beans, black beans, wax beans and even green beans are great alternatives and add ins for this salad.
- Add a bit of lime or lemon zest as a garnish on top to really bring the zing!
- Serve with tortilla chip or spoon it over mixed greens for the perfect summer bean salad.
- Although canned beans are ready to eat, they should be drained and rinsed first. Don't just swirl them in the can with some water, pour them into a strainer and run cold water over them, shaking the beans as you go.
Serving: 0.5cup | Calories: 450kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 15mg | Potassium: 637mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin C: 14.9mg | Calcium: 640mg | Iron: 0.5mg