2 Ingredient Bagels
This easy homemade bagel recipe delivers chewy, delicious fresh baked bagels without the guilt. Made using just self rising flour and Greek yogurt, these 2 Ingredient Bagels are only 3 Weight Watcher points per bagel and are a tasty healthier alternative to regular bagels.
Servings: 4 bagels
- 1 cup self rising flour
- 1 cup fat free Greek Yogurt
- 1 egg white, whisked optional
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a baking pan with non-stick spray or line with a sheet of parchment paper.
Combine self rising flour and fat free Greek yogurt together in large mixing bowl until a loose dough is formed.
Turn bagel dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Using your hands (flour them too!), lightly knead a bit then divide your dough into four equal portions. Using your hands or a rolling pin, roll each portion out into a rope, approximately 8" long. Pinch together the ends of your rope to form a circle, repeat with all four pieces and now you have made four bagels.
Transfer your bagels to your prepared baking pan and lightly brush with egg wash. Add any toppings you like (or none!) and bake for 23 minutes. Turn on the broiler and broil for additional 2 minutes, carefully keeping an eye on them so they don't get too dark. Remove and serve immediately.
- This dough is sticky! Don't forget to lightly sprinkle your work surface and your hands.
- Don't roll your dough rope too long or too thin. You will get flat little weird looking bagels. Trust me! (palm slap!)
- Not following a Weight Watcher plan? Substitute the fat free Greek yogurt with any kind of Greek yogurt you prefer.
- Feel free to stir in any additions to your bagel dough to make these bagels your own. Keep in mind, by adding extras like cheese, raisins, etc .. your WW point value may increase.
- Keep an eye on your bagels while you are broiling them. Ovens are unique, those last two minutes may be too much for yours.
- Store leftovers in large zip top bag in the refrigerator. Toast to reheat.