Easy Baked Lemon Chicken
Easy Baked Lemon Chicken is the perfect healthy chicken recipe! Tangy, savory and juicy, this marinated lemon chicken is baked and ready in just 30 minutes and comes out moist and bursting with lemon flavor every time.
- 4- 5 boneless chicken breasts
- 2 large lemons, juiced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon pepper
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped and divided
To make this healthy chicken recipe, start with the marinade. Place the chicken breasts in a large zip top bag. Pour in the olive oil, lemon juice, lemon pepper, Italian seasoning, salt, minced garlic and most of the fresh parsley.
Seal the bag tightly then using your hands, massage the chicken and marinade together until it's all well combined and your chicken is coated. Move to the refrigerator and let marinate for 4 to 8 hours.
When ready to bake, preheat oven to 450 degrees and spray a 9 x 13 baking pan or tray with non-stick spray. Remove chicken from the marinade and lay chicken out in baking tray or a large sheet pan.
Top chicken with sliced lemon and remaining fresh parsley. Bake for 20-23 minutes or until your chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.Sprinkle with a bit more fresh parsley and serve immediately.
- Give your chicken plenty of time to marinate! Throw together your quick lemon marinade and your chicken in the morning and it's ready for you by dinner!
- Serve this tangy lemon chicken with a side of vegetables for the BEST healthy dinner idea.
- Super thick chicken breasts will need longer to cook. If your chicken breasts are HUGE, slice your chicken lengthwise and cook for 18-20 minutes instead.
- Substitute chicken thighs or chicken legs for the chicken breasts. Simply adjust your cooking time accordingly.
- I like to rotate my marinating bag of chicken every few hours while it is the refrigerator. Just pick it up, mush it around and place back in the fridge.