Rice Krispie Easter Treats
Rice Krispie Easter Treats are the perfect no bake treat to celebrate Springtime. Easy to make with tons of sprinkles and Easter M&Ms, these Rice Krispies treats are everyone's favorite Easter treats!
Servings: 24 ea
- 4 tablespoons butter , melted
- 10 ounce bag of large marshmallows or 4 cups mini marshmallows
- 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 1 cup pastel colored M&Ms
- 1/2 cup colored sprinkles
Start by lining a 9 x 13 pan with parchment paper and set aside.
Add butter and marshmallows to a large saucepan and over medium heat, stir continuously and melt until smooth and creamy.
Stir in the rice cereal until completely coated. Wait 1-2 minutes then stir in the sprinkles and M&Ms.
Turn your Rice Krispies mixture out into your prepared pan. Using either a 2nd piece of parchment paper or after spraying your hands with non-stick spray, gently press down on the cereal to fill in your pan. Let cool at least 30 minutes, cut into squares and serve.
- Be sure to keep stirring your marshmallow mixture while it is melting to make sure it doesn't burn.
- You want to wait 1-2 minutes after adding your cereal to the marshmallows to add in your M&Ms and sprinkles. It helps keep the color vibrant.
- Don't press down too hard when making your cereal bars. Your Rice Krispies Treats may come out hard and since your M&Ms are warm, they may break open.
- You can use parchment paper, wax paper or even just coating your hands with butter or non-stick spray when pressing the cereal into the pan. These ideas help the cereal from sticking while you form your bars.
- Don't have marshmallows on hand but craving Rice Krispies bars? A jar (7 oz.) marshmallow crème can be substituted for marshmallows.
- If you are using regular sized marshmallows, use a 10 oz package. Have mini marshmallows? Use four cups instead. Perfect either way!
Serving: 24ea | Calories: 187.7kcal | Carbohydrates: 28.1g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 8.8g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.7g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0.7g | Cholesterol: 7.1mg | Sodium: 38.7mg | Potassium: 3.1mg | Fiber: 2.1g | Sugar: 16.6g | Vitamin A: 115IU | Vitamin C: 0.7mg | Calcium: 11mg | Iron: 0.5mg