Five Ingredient Baked Tortellini Casserole
Baked Tortellini Casserole is the ultimate easy comfort food dinner! Made with frozen cheese tortellini, Italian sausage and your favorite jar of spaghetti sauce, this easy FIVE ingredient meal serves up all the flavor you want with a lot less work!
- 2 19 ounce bags frozen tortellini
- 24 ounce jar favorite spaghetti sauce
- 15 ounce jar Alfredo sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 12 ounces fresh Italian sausage links 3 or 4 links
Preheat oven to 400 degrees and spray a 9x13 baking pan with non-stick spray.
In a large skillet, brown Italian sausage for 5 to 7 minutes over medium high heat.
Remove sausage from skillet and cut into bite sized pieces, turn down heat to medium, wipe grease out of skillet and pour in spaghetti and Alfredo sauce. Add in sliced sausage and stir to combine
Pour tortellini into the sauce mixture and stir. Add half of the tortellini mixture into the baking pan and cover with one-third of the shredded cheese. Add remaining tortellini and sprinkle with remaining shredded cheese.
Spray a sheet of aluminum foil with non-stick spray and lay the oil-side down and lightly cover your casserole. Bake 40 minutes then uncover and bake another 10 minutes or until cheese turns bubbly and golden.
Serve with some garlic bread and a nice crisp, green salad.
PRO TIPS FOR BAKED TORTELLINI CASSEROLE
NEVER MISS A WICKED WHISK RECIPE
FACEBOOK / PINTEREST / INSTAGRAM
- Not a fan of Italian sausage? Leave it out or substitute the sausage with ground beef.
- This tortellini casserole will keep in the fridge for about five days. Reheat individual portions in the microwave for about 2 minutes or until warmed through.
- Cooking just for two? Cut the ingredients in half and prepare the casserole as instructed in an 8-inch square pan. Or make the whole thing and freeze any leftovers for another night.
- You can prep easy dinner in advance and freeze it until you’re ready to bake it! To do so, in a freezer friendly baking pan, simply follow the recipe instructions up until where you would bake it. Instead, cover tightly with foil and freeze. To bake, remove from freezer and bake as instructed, adding on an additional 15 minutes or until warmed through.
Serving: 12g | Calories: 345.1kcal | Carbohydrates: 32.7g | Protein: 13.3g | Fat: 17.5g | Saturated Fat: 7.3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.5g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4.2g | Cholesterol: 56.8mg | Sodium: 1091.7mg | Potassium: 436.7mg | Fiber: 2.8g | Sugar: 7.4g | Vitamin A: 780IU | Vitamin C: 13.9mg | Calcium: 222mg | Iron: 1.6mg