Baked Crispy Chicken Parmesan
Baked Crispy Chicken Parmesan is easier than you think to make and a family favorite recipe. Pan fried and then oven baked, this quick and easy chicken Parmesan is crispy on the outside but moist and tender on the inside. Ready in just 30 minutes, this is the perfect quick dinner recipe any day of the week.
- 3 large chicken breasts cut lengthwise
- 1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese grated .. plus more for sprinkling
- 4 eggs whisked
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 24 ounces jar favorite spaghetti sauce
- 16 ounces mozzarella cheese sliced
- 16 oz spaghetti pasta
- Italian parsley for garnish
Preheat oven to 400 degrees and set an over safe cooking rack on a 13 x 9 cooking tray.
In a large skillet, heat vegetable oil over medium-high heat until hot and shimmering.
Pour Panko crumbs and grated Parmesan cheese in a large dipping bowl and whisk the eggs together with the onion powder and 1/2 teaspoon of salt in another.
Dredge the chicken cutlets through the whisked eggs on both sides, evenly coating them. Next, dredge the chicken through the breadcrumbs, lightly pressing down to make sure the cutlet is evenly coated on both sides. Set aside and follow this assembly with all of your chicken cutlets.
Add 2 or 3 cutlets to the vegetable oil and fry chicken for 3-4 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. When both sides have been cooked, remove cutlets to the cooking rack on the baking tray. Top each chicken cutlet with 2 or 3 slices of mozzarella cheese.
When all pieces have been fried and covered with cheese, place the cooking tray with the racks in your oven and bake for 15-20 minutes until cheese is melted the chicken is completely cooked through and no longer pink.
While your chicken is cooking, bring a large pot of water to boil. Add pasta and cook according to manufacturers instructions.Pour your favorite spaghetti or marinara sauce into a medium saucepan and warm over medium heat.
When your chicken is cooked, remove from oven. Plate your pasta and sauce and add your chicken cutlet. Garnish with more sauce, more Parmesan and Italian parsley.
PRO TIPS FOR PERFECT BAKED CHICKEN PARMESAN
NEVER MISS A WICKED WHISK RECIPE
FACEBOOK / PINTEREST / INSTAGRAM
- Cover your entire piece of chicken in egg and breadcrumbs. No naked spots!
- You will notice I don't add sauce to my chicken before baking it. If you prefer lots of sauce, feel free to add a few spoonfuls on top of your chicken before adding your cheese.
- If you find you need more oil before frying the second batch of chicken, remove the first batch when it is done and add a few more tablespoons of oil to your skillet. Heat for a minute or so before adding your next batch of chicken to fry.
- Don’t skimp on the cheese, the oooey gooey cheese really makes the best chicken Parmesan!
- Use good quality cheese for this recipe. You don't need to break the bank but you don't want to grab the cheese that doesn't even melt.
- Grab your favorite spaghetti or marinara sauce for this recipe. If you enjoy a particular sauce, why not enjoy this chicken parm with your favorite flavor? I like Mids sauce, myself!
- Shopping and see a wide low bowl in the kitchen dish section? Grab a few! They are the perfect size needed for a 'breading station'.
Serving: 8g | Calories: 657.3kcal | Carbohydrates: 70.6g | Protein: 48.9g | Fat: 20.1g | Saturated Fat: 8.5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5.5g | Cholesterol: 208.6mg | Sodium: 806mg | Potassium: 91.4mg | Fiber: 5.1g | Sugar: 7.4g | Vitamin A: 800IU | Vitamin C: 2.5mg | Calcium: 272mg | Iron: 3.7mg