Monster Eye Cookies
Monster Eye Cookies are soft vanilla cookies made perfectly scary with candy eyeballs and fun colors. Easy to make and super tasty, these are the perfect Halloween cookie to celebrate the season!
Servings: 36 cookies
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2.5 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3-4 tubes Gel Food Coloring favorite Halloween colors
- candy eyeballs, various sizes
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper
Start by creaming together the sugar and butter in a large mixing bowl. Add in the egg and egg yolks one at a time and beat into the mixture before adding the next one.
Mix in the vanilla and salt
In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and then slowly incorporate into your sugar batter.
Chill your cookie dough in the refrigerator for 30 minutes. Once chilled, separate batter into three or four batches and add in a dollop of food coloring to each batch.. beat until well mixed.
Spoon or scoop into 1 inch balls and place them on your cookie sheet - do no flatten!
Bake for 10-12 minutes. Remove from oven and immediately gently press candy eyeballs onto the cookies while they are still warm .. let cookies sit on the cookie sheet for 1 minute before moving the cookies to a wire rack
Let cool and enjoy!!
BAKING TIPS FOR MONSTER EYE COOKIES
NEVER MISS A WICKED WHISK RECIPE FACEBOOK / PINTEREST / INSTAGRAM
- If you want to use a flavor other than vanilla, go for it! I make these cookies using almond extract all the time and you can substitute vanilla with whatever flavor extract you prefer.
- I recommend using gel food coloring vs liquid food coloring. Gel food coloring will not change the consistancy of your cookie dough the way liquid food coloring will. Food coloring paste is also an awesome alternative.
- If you have a kitchen scoop, put it to good use on these cookies. Scoopers are a great way to ensure your cookies will all be the same size.
- Chilling your cookie dough for at least 30 minutes in the refrigerator helps your cookies not spread out so much when baking.
Serving: 36ea | Calories: 104.8kcal | Carbohydrates: 13.2g | Protein: 1.1g | Fat: 5.5g | Saturated Fat: 3.3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1.6g | Cholesterol: 29.1mg | Sodium: 69.1mg | Potassium: 21.5mg | Fiber: 0.3g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 215IU | Calcium: 3mg | Iron: 0.3mg