Classic Ground Beef Chili
Ground Beef Chili is hot, hearty and ready to warm your tummy in under 30 minutes. Made with ground beef, beans and a tasty blend of chili seasonings and ready in just 30 minutes, this one pot traditional chili recipe is quick, easy and comfort food at it's best!
- 1 1/2 pounds Ground Beef
- 1/2 Large Onion diced
- 1 large Jalapeno, diced or 1/2 teaspoon jalapeno powder
- 1 1/2 cup Beef Stock
- 32 ounce Spaghetti Sauce chunky
- 3 ounce Tomato Paste
- 15 ounce Kidney Beans drained and rinsed
- 15 ounce Spicy Chili Beans
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Chili Powder
- 2 teaspoons Garlic Powder
- 2 teaspoons Onion Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Cayenne Powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Black pepper
- Favorite garnishes
To make, start by browning the ground beef in a large pot or dutch oven over medium high heat. Once the meat is no longer pink, add your onion, tomato paste, beans, brown sugar, spaghetti sauce, spices and beef stock to your ground beef. Stir everything together and let come to a low boil. Reduce heat to medium and let simmer for 20 minutes. Serve with your favorite toppings and enjoy with cornbread :)
PRO TIPS FOR THE BEST CHILI
- Add your chopped onion and jalapeno pepper to a small food processor and pulse to chop to make prep work easy.
- Don't have a jalapeno on hand? Substitute with 1/2 teaspoon of ground jalapeno powder.
- Use your favorite brand of spaghetti sauce for extra flavor. Grab the 'chunky' version with green peppers and chunks of tomato.
- Not a fan of ground beef? Swap out the meat for ground pork or chicken instead.
- Don't like chili with beans? Leave them out! ... it's just food, make it to your tastes.
- Want to break out your slow cooker? Simply transfer your browned meat mixture to your crock pot along with the rest of the ingredients, stir and let it simmer on Low all day.
Serving: 12g | Calories: 377.7kcal | Carbohydrates: 29.6g | Protein: 19.7g | Fat: 21.2g | Saturated Fat: 8.2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 8.9g | Cholesterol: 64.3mg | Sodium: 1559.9mg | Potassium: 898.2mg | Fiber: 7.6g | Sugar: 8.3g | Vitamin A: 1045IU | Vitamin C: 24.5mg | Calcium: 43mg | Iron: 4mg