St. Patrick's Day Baileys Cheesecake Bars
St.Patrick's Day Baileys Cheesecake Bars are the perfect green desserts to celebrate St.Patrick's Day all year long. Creamy swirled green cheesecake made with Baileys Irish Cream, these St.Patrick's Day Cheesecake Bars are the ultimate swirl cheesecake bars.
- 20-25 chocolate sandwich cookies
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 24 ounces cream cheese .. softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Baileys Irish Cream
- 3 tablespoons all purpose flour
- Green Food Gel Coloring
To make St. Patrick's Day Baileys Cheesecake Bars, start by preheating your oven to 325 degrees and adding a large pan of water to your bottom oven rack.
Begin your cheesecake bars by adding your chocolate sandwich cookies to a food processor and pulse until pulverized. Combine the cookie crumbs, melted butter and sugar together in a mixing bowl and then pour the cookie mixture into a 9 x 13 baking pan lined with parchment paper. Using your fingers or a spoon, firmly press the cookies evenly on the bottom and sides of the baking pan to make your crust. Set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, beat softened cream cheese until creamy and then add in sugar and mix well. One by one, add in eggs and beat until each is incorporated before adding in the next one. Add in sour cream, salt, vanilla, all purpose flour and Baileys and continue mixing until you have a creamy filling. Transfer 1 cup of cheesecake filling evenly into two separate bowls and add light green food coloring to one bowl and regular green food coloring to the other. Mix the food coloring into the batter to combine.
Pour the white cheesecake filling on top of the cookie crust crust and smooth until even. Using a spoon, pour alternating lines of light green cheesecake filling and dark green cheesecake filling down the length of the cheesecake. Swirl the colors into the cheesecake filing using the back of knife (or a chopstick!) to create a beautiful swirl pattern being sure not to swirl all the way down the crust. The more swirls, the better..
Bake in oven for 50-55 minutes or until center is no longer wobbly. When baking time is done, turn off oven, open oven door and let your St. Patrick's Day Baileys Cheesecake Bars sit for one hour in the open oven. Remove from oven and refrigerate overnight before pulling up on parchment paper and removing from baking pan. Cut into squares and serve!
PRO TIPS FOR MAKING BAILEYS CHEESECAKE BARS
- Use room temperature ingredients like cream cheese, eggs and sour cream. They mix and emulsify better at room temperature.
- I use gel food coloring and the colors I used are the Neon green and the 'regular' green.. but get as crazy and creative as you like.
- Be sure to beat your cream cheese until they are creamy and fluffy. Don't skip the creaming step, you will end up with large lumps of cream cheese in your cheesecake bars.
- If your green cheesecake lines are uneven or messy, don’t sweat it .. it’s all getting swirled together anyways
- If you do not have a food processor, no worries, simply add them to a large zip top bag, push out the extra air and then seal up the bag. Gently beat the cookies with something heavy like a pan or a rolling pin until they are reduced to crumbs.
- Don't want to make these St. Patrick's Day Baileys Cheesecake Bars with the booze? No problem! Simply leave out the Baileys and the flour.. follow all the instructions but leave those two ingredients out and you have the perfect non-alcoholic green swirl cheesecake bars.
- Not a fan of green on green? That's OK .. we can still be friends :) Swirl in whatever color twirls your kilt up or even no color at all. These St. Patrick's Day cheesecake bars are completely customizable.
- Do you like graham cracker crusts instead? No worries... simply omit the sandwich cookies and replace with your favorite graham cracker crust recipe.
- For the chocolate sandwich cookies, I personally like the chocolate with chocolate filling or even the dark chocolate variety.
Serving: 16g | Calories: 354.2kcal | Carbohydrates: 31.4g | Protein: 4.4g | Fat: 23.8g | Saturated Fat: 12.3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.8g | Monounsaturated Fat: 6.4g | Cholesterol: 57.1mg | Sodium: 284.6mg | Potassium: 104.9mg | Fiber: 0.5g | Sugar: 23g | Vitamin A: 775IU | Vitamin C: 0.2mg | Calcium: 48mg | Iron: 1.3mg