Ham and Cheese Stromboli recipe
This Ham and Cheese Stromboli recipe is easy to make and tastes amazing! Store bought pizza crust stuffed with thick cut ham, sharp cheddar cheese and green onions then baked crispy and golden. Made with everyday ingredients and ready in just 30 minutes, this easy stromboli recipe is a winner every time!
- 14-16 ounce refrigerated pizza dough
- 11 ounces thick cut ham slices
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar, swiss or monterey jack cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning or seasoning salt
- 3 green onions, chopped
Start by preheating oven to 350 degrees (or whatever your pizza dough instructions suggest). Spray a large baking sheet with non-stick spray or line with parchment paper.
Roll pizza dough out on a lightly floured surface into a roughly 12" x 16" rectangle. In a small bowl, combine the spices. Lightly brush crust with olive oil and then lightly sprinkle your pizza dough with the seasoning mix and Parmesan cheese.
Top with a layer of most of your shredded cheese and then and even layer of ham, leaving a 1 inch border clear on all sides. Top off with remaining shredded cheese and green onions.
Starting at the long side closest to you, roll your stromboli as tight as possible away from you, careful not to push your toppings out.
Once rolled, lightly pinch your seam to the stromboli and move to your prepared baking sheet, seam side down. Gently slice the top of the dough every 1-2 inches. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden and slightly puffed out. Remove from oven and let sit for 5-10 minutes before slicing and serving.
- Grab whatever your favorite store bought pizza dough is and go for it! My favorite is from the bakery of my local grocery store. #Publix
- Use a rolling pin to roll out your pizza dough or lift the dough in your fingers and hold vertical, letting gravity gently stretch your dough to the right size.
- Don't like green onions? Leave them out ... want to add mushrooms? Do it! Customize this stromboli recipe as you see fit.
- Thick cut ham can usually be found in with the refrigerated sandwich meats. If not, use regular sliced sandwich ham for this recipe.
- Don't have time (.. or ambition!..) to shred cheese yourself? Grab a good quality pre-shredded bag of cheese instead. I like Sargento.
- Let this ham and cheese stromboli sit for 5-10 minutes after removing from the oven. That ooey gooey cheese is FIRE!
- Don't have Cajun seasoning or dry mustard? No worries! Omit them from your seasoning list and substitute with 1/2 teaspoon of salt and some black pepper.
- When rolling your stromboli, slightly lift so that you are rolling on top of your ingredients instead of rolling and pushing them out ahead of your dough.
- This easy stromboli recipe is the perfect time to clean out your cheese drawer. Grab those near empty bags of shredded cheese and go for it!