Cajun Chicken Alfredo
Cajun Chicken Alfredo is a quick and easy dinner that packs tons of flavor. Tender fettuccini pasta served up in a creamy Cajun Alfredo sauce topped off with perfectly seasoned chicken! The best part? Seeing how easy it is to make Alfredo sauce from scratch!
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
Cajun Alfredo Sauce
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- squeeze of fresh lemon
To make this Cajun pasta recipe, start adding water to a large pot and bringing to boil. Add pasta when water is boiling and cook following package instructions.
To make your chicken, start by seasoning both sides of the chicken breasts with 2 tablespoons of Cajun seasoning.
Add 1 tablespoon olive oil and 2 tablespoons of butter to a large skillet and warm over Medium-High heat. Place chicken breasts in the skillet and cook for 4 to 5 minutes each side until cooked through and no longer pink. Remove chicken from skillet and set aside. Discard used butter/oil.
Return skillet to stovetop, lower heat to Medium and melt 6 tablespoons of butter. Add the garlic and whisk to combine. Cook for 1 minute.
Whisk in the flour and then slowly pour in the heavy cream and chicken stock. Continue to whisk as the sauce begins to bubble. Reduce the heat to Low so that your sauce can simmer gently. Add the Parmesan cheese, salt and 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning to the sauce and whisk to combine.
Once your pasta is cooked, drain and add fettuccini directly to the Cajun Alfredo sauce. Add a squeeze of lemon and then using tongs, toss to incorporate. Cut chicken into strips or bite size pieces and serve over pasta.Garnish with parsley and Enjoy!
- Rub that spice into your Cajun chicken! Don't be shy.. we want that flavor to stick.
- Make sure your chicken has cooked through before adding it to your fettuccini alfredo. You are looking for an internal temp of 165 and the meat no longer pink.
- Let your chicken rest before slicing into it. Resting your chicken lets the juices redistribute, giving you juicy chicken.
- Although I prefer to use fresh garlic, I have made this recipe using pre-minced garlic from the grocery store and it's still amazing.
- Be sure to either grate fresh Parmesan from a block or grab good quality pre-grated Parmesan from your grocery store.
- Don't over-cook your pasta. You want the fettuccine to be cooked al dente when you add it to your Cajun Alfredo sauce as it will continue to cook a bit.
- Not sure about the Cajun seasoning? Leave it out of this dish and you are still rewarded with the perfect Chicken Alfredo recipe.
- Making alfredo sauce from scratch is not hard, just takes a bit of practice. Go slow and don't forget to whisk!
- If you don't have fettuccine pasta on hand, no worries! This creamy Cajun pasta recipe can be made using any pasta you have on hand.
- Why are you adding a squeeze of lemon? It won't translate as lemon flavor in your sauce, it is only there to brighten your decadent creamy Alfredo sauce.