Cranberry Orange Bundt Cake
This super moist Cranberry Orange Bundt Cake is packed with orange flavor, loaded with bites of fresh cranberries and topped with a simple orange glaze. Inspired by the Orange Juice Cake, this holiday bundt cake is the perfect addition to any holiday party!
Servings: 12 ea
- 18.25 ounce Orange Cake Mix
- 3.5 ounce package vanilla pudding
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1-1/2 cup fresh or frozen cranberries chopped .. mixed lightly with 1/2 tablespoon of flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- Zest of one orange
- dash of salt
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a bundt pan with non stick spray.
In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, pudding mix, orange juice, oil, and eggs together with an electric mixer for 2 minutes. Stir in the chopped cranberries and then pour the cake batter into your prepared bundt pan.
Bake for 55 minutes or until a knife inserted in the cake comes out clean. In a small saucepan, combine the butter, sugar, and orange juice. Bring this to a boil and then remove from the stove.
While the cake is still warm, poke holes all over the top (exposed "bottom" of the cake) of the cake with a fork. Pour the orange juice mixture over cake.When the cake is completely saturated, let it rest for at least 15 minutes. Place a plate over the exposed bottom of the cake, holding both very tightly, flip your cake upside down onto the plate.
In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the sifted powdered sugar, orange juice, orange zest and dash of salt. Drizzle over over top of Cranberry Orange Bundt Cake and enjoy!
PRO TIPS FOR THE PERFECT HOLIDAY BUNDT CAKE
NEVER MISS A WICKED WHISK RECIPE
FACEBOOK / PINTEREST / INSTAGRAM
- This cake can be made the day before, simply follow instruction up until you glaze the cake. Cover and refrigerate your cake until the next day and then remove it from the refrigerator and let it come to room temperature for 1 hour before glazing and serving.
- This cake can be made using store bought orange juice but fresh oranges have a sweeter taste and you need the zest so why not use up the orange too?
- You can use either fresh or frozen cranberries for this Cranberry Orange cake.
- Be sure to sift the powdered sugar when making your glaze. Nobody likes a lumpy glaze.
Serving: 12ea | Calories: 303.1kcal | Carbohydrates: 32.7g | Protein: 2.6g | Fat: 18.8g | Saturated Fat: 6.1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3.4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 8.2g | Cholesterol: 82.7mg | Sodium: 73.5mg | Potassium: 111.9mg | Fiber: 0.7g | Sugar: 29.1g | Vitamin A: 430IU | Vitamin C: 20.1mg | Calcium: 21mg | Iron: 0.6mg