Easy 30-Minute Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
This classic chicken noodle soup recipe is hearty, creamy and ready in just 30 minutes! Made with rotisserie chicken, chicken stock and fresh vegetables, making easy homemade chicken noodle soup from scratch has never been so easy.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/3 medium sweet onion diced
- 3 large carrots chopped
- 3 ribs celery chopped
- 8 cups chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 each teaspoon salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons fresh or dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon fresh or dried thyme
- 1-2 teaspoons fresh or dried rosemary leaves
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups shredded chicken rotisserie, pre-cooked or fresh
- 12 oz package wide egg noodles
Bring a large pot of water to boil and cook pasta noodles based on package instructions. Set aside.
To make your chicken soup, start by adding butter to a large soup or stock pot and heating over medium high heat. Add in diced carrots, celery and onion and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in minced garlic and cook for another minute.
Pour in the chicken stock, rosemary, thyme and spices and bring the chicken soup to a low boil. Add the shredded chicken, reduce the heat to simmer and let cook 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, stir in the heavy cream and fresh parsley.
Continue to simmer and when pasta is done, add a portion of egg noodles to a soup bowl and cover with the chicken soup. Enjoy with crusty bread or dinner rolls (optional but highly recommended!).
- I like to use rotisserie chicken or leftover chicken for this recipe but when I have the time, I also like to season some chicken breasts, bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees and shred once cooled. Whichever chicken direction you go, just make sure you have about 2 cups of shredded chicken for your soup.
- Don't have fresh herbs? No worries.. substitute the rosemary, thyme and parsley with their dried counterparts.
- Make your life easy and bring in a small food processor to do the veggie chopping for you. Trust me, investing in one was the best $19.99 I have ever spent. Ever.
- Not wanting to add the heavy cream to this chicken soup recipe? No worries .. leave it out! The cream makes it .. well .. creamy but omitting it won't deprive you of flavor.
- I have a thing about mushy noodles so I don't add the noodles into my soup pot, I serve my pasta separate. That way, the next day I don't have a big pot of mushy chicken noodles. Plan accordingly.
- If you have any chicken soup base starter in your pantry, I won't tell anyone if you add a tablespoon to your soup pot. I promise! .. if you do, cut back on the salt recommended in the recipe.
Serving: 12g | Calories: 322.3kcal | Carbohydrates: 25.6g | Protein: 15.8g | Fat: 16.6g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.5g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3.7g | Cholesterol: 102.9mg | Sodium: 618.6mg | Potassium: 169.9mg | Fiber: 2.1g | Sugar: 3.9g | Vitamin A: 3065IU | Vitamin C: 6.7mg | Calcium: 164mg | Iron: 1.9mg