Pumpkin Snickerdoodles are the perfect combination of a classic snickerdoodle and soft pumpin cookies. Super soft and chewy, made with real pumpkin and ready to eat in just 9 minutes, these Pumpkin Snickerdoodles are the perfect fall flavored cookie.
Servings: 48 Cookies
Pumpkin Snickerdoodle Dough
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 2-2/3 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
For Cookie Rolling
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons cinnamon
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line a baking tray with parchment paper or spray with non-stick spray.
In a large bowl, combine butter, sugars and eggs until thoroughly mixed. Mix in the pumpkin. In a separate bowl, combine flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, baking powder, spices and salt.
Slowly add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture in small increments, mixing completely until all has been incorporated.
Refrigerate your cookie dough for 20-30 minutes
Once your dough has chilled, combine the last 3 tablespoons of sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.
Roll dough into 1 inch balls and then roll through the cinnamon sugar to fully coat before placing them on a cookie sheet prepared with nonstick spray or lined with parchment paper. Flatten the cookies slightly as they will not spread much.
Bake for 9 minutes... no more, no less.
Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes before transferring the cookies to a cooling rack.Once completely cool, move cookies to an airtight container or zip top bag.
BAKING TIPS FOR PUMPKIN SNICKERDOODLE COOKIES
NEVER MISS A WICKED WHISK RECIPE FACEBOOK / PINTEREST / INSTAGRAM
- You want to make sure you are measuring your flour correctly. If you scoop out a measuring cup of flour directly from the bag, you will pack in way too much flour which will result in cake-like cookies. To avoid this, spoon the flour into the measuring cup until its overfilled and then use the back of a butter knife to level the measuring cup at the top. Now you have the perfect flour measurement!
- Make sure you are using pumpkin puree in these cookies and not pumpkin pie filling. The cans usually look similar so be sure to grab the right one.
- Don't skip the step of chilling your cookie dough for at least 30 minutes so your cookies don’t spread too much in the oven.
Serving: 48g | Calories: 68.9kcal | Carbohydrates: 12.4g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 2.1g | Saturated Fat: 1.3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0.6g | Cholesterol: 12.9mg | Sodium: 46.5mg | Potassium: 22.9mg | Fiber: 0.6g | Sugar: 6.5g | Vitamin A: 320IU | Vitamin C: 0.2mg | Calcium: 12mg | Iron: 0.5mg