Pepperoni and Cheese Stromboli
This easy Pepperoni and Cheese Stromboli recipe makes the perfect homemade stromboli packed with your favorite flavors. Made with shredded mozzarella cheese, pepperoni, Italian seasoning and pre-made pizza dough, this pepperoni stromboli is the perfect change up to homemade pizza.
Servings: 12 people
- 1 pound pre-made pizza dough
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 16 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 6 ounces pepperoni slices
- 1 cup marinara sauce for serving
Easy! Start by pre-heating your oven to 400 degrees. Sprinkle a bit of flour onto your countertop or cutting board and roll your pre-made pizza dough out to approximately 12 x 20 inches.
Sprinkle on your seasonings, cheese and pepperoni evenly and then starting with the nearest long side, roll your pizza dough lengthwise away from you, making a tight roll.
When you are done move your stromboli to a bundt pan sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Lightly pinch the ends together to make a ring and then bake for 20 - 25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove your bundt pan and carefully flip your stromboli ring onto a baking sheet and then return it to the oven for 5 more minutes to brown up the top. Remove from the oven and move the Pepperoni Stromboli Ring to your cutting board. Let your Pepperoni Stromboli Ring rest for five minutes and then cut into the desired size pieces. Serve with marinara or your go-to pizza sauce and your Pepperoni Stromboli Ring is sure to be your favorite new way to eat pepperoni pizza!
Pro Tips for Perfect Stromboli
- Let your dough come to room temperature if you are using bakery style pre-made pizza dough. This gives the dough time to relax and rise a bit from being in the fridge.
- Grab a good cheese. Shredded mozzarella a key ingredient and not all cheeses are the same. Pre-shredded cheese is made with certain preservatives that can sometimes cause the cheese not to melt properly.
- Deli pepperoni or pre-packaged pepperoni... pick your favorite!
- Want to add sliced onions? Green peppers? Black olives? Go for it! Make this stromboli recipe for YOU. My ingredients are just your starting point.
- Roll your stromboli up as tight as you can but be gentle. Pizza dough is delicate so if you do pop a hole into the dough, use your fingers to pinch it back together.
- Wait the obligatory 5-10 minutes after removing it from the oven before cutting into your stromboli ring. Trust me, if you don't all of your hard work will slide out onto your cutting board.
Serving: 12g | Calories: 283.6kcal | Carbohydrates: 22.3g | Protein: 14.7g | Fat: 15.2g | Saturated Fat: 7.3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5.2g | Cholesterol: 46.5mg | Sodium: 820.7mg | Potassium: 80.4mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1.7g | Vitamin A: 265IU | Vitamin C: 3.6mg | Calcium: 197mg | Iron: 0.5mg