Lemon Cake Mix Crinkle Cookies
Lemon Crinkle Cookies are soft, melt in your mouth simple lemon cookies and easy to make with only five ingredients! Made with butter, eggs, lemon extract, powdered sugar and a box of lemon cake mix, these cake mix cookies are the BEST lemon crinkle cookies to share with family and friends!
Servings: 36 Cookies
- 1 box lemon cake mix
- 8 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
Start by preheating your oven to 375 degrees and spray your cookie sheet with non-stick spray or cover with a sheet of parchment paper.
In a large mixing bowl, combine melted butter with the cake mix, lemon extract and eggs. When you have your ingredients combined, refrigerate dough for at least 30 minutes.
Once chilled, remove from refrigerator and spooning up enough dough to roll into a 1 inch ball. Drop the ball into the powdered sugar and roll it around to cover it completely.
Move your cookie to your prepared cookie sheet and repeat until all the dough has been used. When your sheet is full, cook them for 9-11 minutes. They will be puffy and crinkly and beautiful. Remove them from the oven, let them cool for one minute and then move them to a cooling rack.
- Don’t skip chilling the dough in the refrigerator. It brings the cookie dough together and your lemon cookies will be fluffier and hold their shape better if you chill the dough first.
- Feel free to add in a few drops of yellow food coloring to brighten up your lemon cake mix cookies.
- Using a small kitchen scoop is a great way to ensure your lemon crinkles cookies are all the same size.
- If you want to kick up the dessert table presentation, re-drop your cookies top down in the powdered sugar one extra time right when they come out of the oven.