Grilled Flank Steak with Blackberry Chipotle Sauce
Grilled Flank Steak with Blackberry Chipotle Sauce is an easy flank steak on the grill recipe that delivers amazing flavor. Made with Pod & Bean Blackberry Chipotle Sauce, this marinated flank steak recipe is an easy, delicious way to enjoy a tasty chipotle marinade rub that is sure to be your new favorite way to enjoy grilled steak.
- 2 - 3 lbs flank steak, trimmed
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup Blackberry Chipotle Sauce
Sprinkle salt and pepper liberally on both sides of the flank steak and then slather on Pod & Bean Blackberry Chipotle Sauce. Cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes and while that is marinating, prepare your grill.
Start by heating the grill and coals to high; lightly spray grates with cooking spray. Place the flank steak on grill over highest heat to sear and then move the steak to the lower portion of the grill to cook the steak evenly. Cook, turning once, until you reach your desired doneness, 6 to 8 minutes per side for medium-rare (130 to 135 degrees on an instant-read thermometer).
Place flank steak on a cutting board and add another thin layer of Blackberry Chipotle Sauce; cover loosely with foil. Let stand 10 minutes. Cut steak thin diagonally across grain into thin slices. Serve!
- Remove your steak from the refrigerator 30 minutes before cooking and let it come to room temp for even cooking.
- Let your steak rest for 10 minutes before cutting to ensure the juices have time to distribute throughout your steak so it is super juicy when you cut into it.
- Cut flank steak into thin slices against the grain to maximize it's flavor and texture.
- Don't have a grill? No worries! Preheat your oven broiler to high. Place your marinated flank steak on a sheet pan and cook, turning once halfway through, for about 6 minutes per side for medium-rare. Add an extra minute or two if you are looking for a more well done steak. Let rest before slicing and serving.
Serving: 3ounces | Calories: 210kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 32g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.35g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 89mg | Sodium: 275mg | Potassium: 531mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin C: 2.5mg | Calcium: 340mg | Iron: 0.4mg