Last Updated on by
Baileys Truffles are rich, decadent, indulgent and addictive! These are the perfect chocolate sweet treat to add to any St.Patrick’s Day celebration.
Can you have too much chocolate? …. I’m asking for a friend.
I’m pretty sure the answer to this question is no. Chocolate is so divine, so indulgent, so perfect. Now take that perfect rich chocolate flavor and combine it with the creaminess of Baileys Original Irish Cream liqueur and there really is no reason to ever leave the house again. Just kidding (not really).
St. Patrick’s Day is a holiday that is famously known for green beer, good times, family and friends. There are so many amazing savory dishes to celebrate the day like my Guinness Mac ‘n Cheese and my Guinness Irish Stew. But what about something sweet? My new favorite sweet treat to celebrate st. Patrick’s Day are these decadent Baileys Truffles. These are soft, creamy, chocolate truffles combined with the comforting flavor of Baileys and coated in dark chocolate yumminess. Then add green squiggles and gold glitter .. because you’re fancy like that!
There are no words to describe how good these Baileys Truffles are. These are the perfect addition to any St. Patrick’s Day celebration and I promise you will not be able to eat just one. Seriously, the entire batch was gone in one day. ONE DAY!! There are only TWO people living in this house and they were gone in ONE DAY.
On an unrelated note, my jeans are now a bit snug for no apparent reason. Weird.
Happiness and Blessings!
Like what you see? Don’t forget to follow me on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest … and yup, even Instagram!
- Recipe makes 21 - 24 truffles
- 10 oz dark chocolate morsels
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 4 tbl butter
- 1 oz espresso powder (optional but recommended)
- 5 tbl Baileys Original Irish Cream liqueur
- 10 oz bag dark chocolate candy melts
- 1 tbl cooking oil (I used coconut oil)
- Pour chocolate morsels and espresso powder into a medium sized mixing bowl. Set aside
- In a small saucepan over medium / medium high heat, melt butter and then pour in heavy cream. Heat but do not bring to a boil. Once hot, pour butter / cream mixture over the chocolate morsels and stir continuously until all of the chocolate is melted.. about 1-2 minutes
- Add in the Baileys Original Irish Cream and stir to combine
- Cover bowl with foil or plastic wrap and transfer to the refrigerator for 3 hours
- After 3 hours goes by, line a 13 x 9 baking sheet with parchment paper and remove chocolate truffles from refrigerator
- Using a candy scoop or just a regular spoon, scoop out truffle mix and roll between your hands to create 1 inch round ball shapes
- Place them on the baking pan and once done, transfer pan to the freezer for 20 minutes.
- Once 20 minutes have gone by, set up a double boiler on your stove top to melt the chocolate coating.
- Take a medium sized saucepan, fill it up with 2-3 inches of water and then place on top of the pan, a glass or metal bowl that is larger than the opening of your saucepan. Add the chocolate melts and cooking oil. Bring the water to a boil over medium - high heat and the steam will gently melt the chocolate in the top bowl. Just be sure to watch the steam and have a kitchen towel handy in case you need to re-position the top bowl.
- Stir the chocolate melts continuously until all is melted then take a truffle ball, set it on top of a fork and lower it into the melted chocolate.
- Using a spoon, spoon chocolate over the top and when it has completely been coated, remove from the bowl of chocolate and lightly tap the fork on the side of the bowl to remove any excess chocolate and then gently transfer the truffle ball back to the parchment lined baking pan.
- Repeat until all have been coated and then return pan back to the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Once 10 minutes go by, remove and decorate or just enjoy.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator