Last Updated on by
Seven Layer Pudding Dessert is the ultimate in creamy, chocolate pudding no bake desserts. Layers of vanilla and chocolate pudding mixed with fresh bananas and whipped topping, this Seven Layer Pudding Dessert is the perfect easy no bake dessert to keep you cool this summer.
Family recipes that stand the test of time are ones that have been passed down through the generations and this Seven Layer Pudding Dessert is one of them. Ingredients and instructions laid out neatly in cursive writing on stained and battered index cards, carefully written out by someones grandmother and shared to you with love. Those are the good recipes, the old time recipes that have been prepared a hundred times and enjoyed by countless people. Those index cards are gold! That’s what this Seven Layer Pudding Dessert recipe is to me. It’s basic and simple and has been around forever but I have THAT recipe index card and it was given to me by the grandmother of a boy I dated back in my 20’s (a lifetime ago). It’s stained and tattered and has been lost and refound countless times but this Seven Layer Pudding Dessert recipe card has endured the test of time and youth whereas the boyfriend did not. So now I share this amazing no bake Seven Layer Pudding Dessert with you.
CAN YOU MAKE INSTANT PUDDING WITH ALMOND MILK?
Almond milk can replace whole milk at the same quantity in virtually any recipe—except for instant pudding. Making pudding with almond milk is possible but it only works when cooking it the old-fashioned way, not with instant-pudding mixes.
HOW LONG IS SEVEN LAYER PUDDING DESSERT GOOD FOR?
Since you are adding a layer of fresh bananas in your Seven Layer Pudding Dessert, this will stay fresh for 2 – 3 days covered in the refrigerator.
HOW DO YOU MAKE SEVEN LAYER PUDDING DESSERT?
Easy! To make your Seven Layer Pudding Dessert, start by combining your graham cracker crumbs, butter and sugar and then press your crust along the bottoms and up the sides of a 13 x 9 pan. Then in a large bowl, beat together the vanilla instant pudding and 3 cups of milk for 2 minutes.
The pudding will be soft serve ready but will thicken up after the dessert has been refrigerated. Spread the pudding over the entire crust. Follow this with a layer of two cut up bananas.
After the bananas, add a layer of whipped topping and then another layer of bananas.
Then combine the chocolate pudding with 3 cups of milk and beat until pudding sets up. Add the chocolate instant pudding to the dessert and top it off with a final layer of whipped topping. Sprinkle top with mini chocolate chips and chopped walnuts.
Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate your dessert for at least an hour before serving.
I hope that you love this Seven Layer Pudding Dessert recipe as much as I do. Not only has it been around forever, it is super easy and quick to make and it perfect to share at gatherings. There are some desserts that are just made for potluck lunches and family gatherings and this Seven Layer Pudding Dessert is definitely one of them.
DID YOU LIKE THIS POST? BE SURE TO SHARE IT ON PINTEREST!
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE? PLEASE GIVE IT A STAR RATING BELOW!
Seven Layer Pudding Dessert
For The Crust
- 1/2 cup butter , melted
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoon sugar
For The Filling
- 1 5.9 oz box instant vanilla pudding
- 1 5.9 oz box instant chocolate pudding
- 6 cups whole milk divided
- 4 bananas sliced
- 16 oz whipped topping divided
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 cup walnuts chopped
- Start by making your crust
- Melt 1 stick of butter
- Combine melted butter, sugar and graham cracker crumbs in a large bowl.
- Press crumb mixture into the bottom and up the sides of a 13 x 9 pan
- In a large bowl, combine 3 cups cold milk and package of vanilla pudding until pudding reaches soft serve consistancy.
- Spread an even layer of vanilla pudding over your prepared crust.
- Add to the pudding a layer of 2 bananas, sliced.
- Add a layer of 1/2 of the whipped topping.
- Repeat with another layer of 2 bananas, sliced.
- In a large bowl, combine 3 cups cold milk and the package of chocolate pudding
- Add layer of chocolate pudding to dessert and top off with remaining whipped topping. Sprinkle top with mini chocolate chips and chopped walnuts.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refridgerate for 1 hour