Chunky Monkey Cookies are ice cream inspired and cookie perfected. Soft baked banana cookies with dark chocolate chunks and tons of walnuts makes these Chunky Monkey Cookies your new favorite cookie!
WHAT DOES BEN & JERRY’S CHUNKY MONKEY HAVE IN IT?
DO I USE RIPE BANANAS TO MAKE CHUNKY MONKEY COOKIES?
HOW DO YOU MAKE CHUNKY MONKEY COOKIES?
- 2 large bananas mashed
- 11 ounces dark chocolate chunk morsels
- 1 1/3 cups walnuts rough chopped
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter softened
- 1 cup brown sugar packed
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and line a cookie sheet pan with parchment paper
- Start by adding butter to a large mixing bowl and beat with an electric hand mixer until fluffy
- Add sugar, egg, egg yolk, salt, brown sugar, sugar and vanilla to the bowl and mix util well combined
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour and baking soda and then incorporate slowly into the butter/sugar batter
- Once everything is combined, fold in chocolate chunks, banana and walnuts until mixed
- Using a 1/4 cup measuring scoop (yes, these are big!) drop large scoops of cookies onto the cookie sheet, leaving 2 inches of space in-between each of the cookies
- Bake for 20-22 minutes (they will still be very soft so be gentle!)
- Remove from oven and let cool on cookie sheet 1 minute before moving the cookies to a cooling rack
- Store in an airtight container with parchment paper seperating the layers .. not a zip-top bag... these are super soft baked and my first batch all stuck together in a bag, even though they were completely cooled