Last Updated on by
Lucky Charms Treats are the perfect no bake dessert to share with family, friends and kids alike. Easy to make, Lucky Charms Treats are the snack you know everyone will love.. and great for St. Patrick’s Day!
Get ready for a new spin on your favorite childhood snack .. Lucky Charms Treats.
Marshmallow cereal bars are not just exclusive to what we remember as a kid … delicious cereal bars can be made from just about any of your favorite cereals and Lucky Charms has always been one of my top picks. These Lucky Charms Treats take about ten minutes to make and after chilling in refrigerator for a bit, you are rewarded with the perfect ooey gooey bar of sweet and crunchy happiness. It’s amazing how much you will love these and how happy you will be to share these with your family and friends. Talk about a perfect snack for after school or a happy surprise in your kids lunchbox … or YOUR lunchbox .. how can you possibly have a bad day when you have a Lucky Charms Treat to munch on after finishing your healthy and sensible lunchtime salad? WORD.
WAIT! HOW CAN I USE LUCKY CHARMS WHEN I’VE ONLY USED RICE CEREAL?
Easy! Instead of making your usual rice crisp treats, simply substitute the rice cereal with Lucky Charms and make your recipe as instructed. It’s THAT easy. You will be rewarded with the same idea of a marshmallow cereal bar but now you will be chomping on Lucky Charms Treat goodness verses the usual rice crisp treats. Plus, these have those sweet little cut out marshmallow shapes found in the Lucky Charms cereal so that is just double the fun!
HOW DO I MAKE LUCKY CHARMS TREATS?
Start by pouring your Lucky Charms cereal into a large mixing bowl. Add the butter to a large saucepan and melt over medium high heat. Once melted, add in the marshmallows and vanilla extract and stir continuously until the marshmallows have completely melted.
Pour the melted marshmallows over the Lucky Charms cereal and quickly stir to combine. Move to your prepared pan and move to the refrigerator to chill for 1 hour. Remove from pan by lifting up the parchment paper and cut into squares.
See? They are THAT easy to make .. just like you remember.
- Don’t walk away from your marshmallows when they are melting on the stove. All that sugar can quickly burn
- Having trouble smoothing out the Lucky Charms cereal in the baking pan? Spray your hands with non-stick spray and use your hands to press the cereal into place. You can also place a piece of plastic wrap on top of the cereal and press the cereal down through the plastic wrap
- Remove your cereal bars from the refrigerator and let come to room temperature to serve. If served straight from the fridge, the Lucky Charms Treats won’t be ooey gooey 🙂
ENJOY!! – HEATHER
If you like food as much as I do, obviously we should be best friends now! Be sure to follow me on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest … and yup, even Instagram to never miss a new recipe and so we can keep in touch! And if you haven’t subscribed for A Wicked Whisk weekly newsletters yet … why not?? Subscribe today!!
**Have you made this recipe yet? If you have tried this recipe, please take the time and leave me a Comment / Rating and let me know how you liked it ????
Your feedback and comments mean the world to me and help ME write recipes better recipes for YOU!**
Lucky Charms Treats
- 8 cups Lucky Charms cereal
- 6 cups large marshmallows
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Line a 9 x 13 pan with parchment paper and set aside
- Start by pouring your Lucky Charms cereal into a large mixing bowl.
- Add the butter to a large saucepan and melt over medium high heat. Once melted, add in the marshmallows and vanilla extract and stir continuously until the marshmallows have completely melted.
- Pour the melted marshmallows over the Lucky Charms cereal and quickly stir to combine. Move to your prepared pan and press cereal down firmly to create even bars
- Move to the refrigerator to chill for 1 hour. Remove from pan by lifting up the parchment paper and cut into squares.