Last Updated on by
Baileys Fudge is the perfect creamy chocolate fudge recipe made better with Baileys Irish Cream added in. This decadent Baileys Fudge is super easy to make and even easier to eat!
There are some recipes that you just NEED to have in your life .. this chocolate Baileys Fudge recipe is one of them! Baileys Fudge is the perfect combination of rich chocolate and Baileys Irish Cream to make the creamiest chocolate fudge you will ever have.
I can’t say it enough .. you NEED to try this Baileys Fudge recipe and then your family needs to try it, your neighbors, friends, the crossing guard at your kids school… everyone needs this Baileys Fudge recipe in their lives! Yup, it’s really THAT good.
WHAT IS BAILEYS IRISH CREAM AND WHERE DO I GET IT
Baileys Irish Cream is a sweet, buttery Irish whisky and cream based liquor that will last up to 2 year (Yes, TWO YEARS!) even after you open the bottle. So if you are purchasing Baileys for the first time, there is no rush to use it up or throw away your hard earned money. Baileys can be purchased in most liquor stores and some grocery stores and can be used in a variety of recipes or just enjoyed straight over ice (Psst … or hot chocolate = HEATHER’S PRO TIP!).
HOW DO I MELT THE CHOCOLATE FOR BAILEYS FUDGE
Melting chocolate is easy to do and you can melt the chocolate in either a microwave or on a stove top. If you are microwaving the morsels for the Baileys Fudge, add the chocolate to a microwave safe bowl and be sure to stir the chocolate every 30 seconds until it is melted. If you are melting the chocolate on the stove top, add a small amount of water in the bottom of a medium sized saucepan. Add a larger heat resistant bowl to sit on top of the saucepan and add your chocolate morsels to that top bowl. Heat the water over medium high heat and stir your Baileys Fudge morsels until melted. The heat from the water boiling will create steam which will then heat the top bowl and melt the chocolate.
HOW DO I MAKE BAILEYS FUDGE
Line a 9 x 9 pan with parchment paper and set aside. Start by adding chocolate morsels and sweetened condensed milk to a microwave safe glass bowl and microwaving on high for 1 – 2 minutes, stirring after every 30 second burst, until chocolate has melted. Stir in the Baileys and vanilla extract until combined and transfer to the prepared pan. Smooth the Baileys Fudge out until even.
Next add the white morsels, green food coloring and vegetable oil to a microwave safe glass bowl and heat on high for 1 – 2 minutes, stirring again after each 30 second burst, until melted. Pour on top of the chocolate Baileys Fudge layer and smooth out until even. Refrigerate for 2 hours to set.
- Melting chocolate can be finicky for the best of us. If you find your chocolate is seizing and is not melting like you want, add a tablespoon or two of hot water and continue to heat though and keep stirring.
- The irony of life is that water is the enemy of melting chocolate… that and too much heat. Glass bowls are what I use to melt chocolate and have learned the hard way that metal bowls are not the way to go. The chocolate will get too hot and seize up. If you somehow get a drop of cold water in the bowl with your chocolate, it will seize up. Melting chocolate should really require you to carry a licensed degree of sorts.
- When smoothing out the top of your Baileys Fudge, if your fudge ‘sets up’ quicker than you like, place a piece of plastic wrap directly on top of the fudge and press down lightly with your hands until you have evened out the top of your fudge.
This Baileys Fudge recipe is by far, my favorite fudge recipe to date. Baileys Fudge is creamy and soft with just the perfect amount of Baileys Irish Cream to really make this Baileys Fudge rich and decadent. Although perfect for ANY day, talk about the ideal chocolate fudge recipe to add to your St. Patrick’s Day and Christmas celebrations. Trust me, Baileys Fudge will be the chocolate fudge recipe everyone will be asking you for!
ENJOY!! – HEATHER
If you like food as much as I do, obviously we should be best friends now! Be sure to follow me on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest … and yup, even Instagram to never miss a new recipe and so we can keep in touch! And if you haven’t subscribed for A Wicked Whisk weekly newsletters yet … why not?? Subscribe today!!
**Have you made this recipe yet? If you have tried this recipe, please take the time and leave me a Comment / Rating and let me know how you liked it ????
Your feedback and comments mean the world to me and help ME write recipes better recipes for YOU!**
- 20 ounces` chocolate morsels, good quality
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Baileys Irish Cream
- 10 ounces white chocolate morsels, good quality
- 1/2 teaspoon vegetable oil
- green gel food coloring
- Line a 9 x 9 baking pan with parchment paper and set aside
- Start by adding chocolate morsels and sweetened condensed milk to a microwave safe glass bowl and microwaving on high for 1 - 2 minutes, stirring after every 30 second burst, until chocolate has melted.
- Stir in the Baileys and vanilla extract until combined and transfer to the prepared pan. Smooth the Baileys Fudge out until even.
- Next add the white morsels, green food coloring and vegetable oil to a microwave safe glass bowl and heat on high for 1 - 2 minutes, stirring again after each 30 second burst, until melted.
- Pour on top of the chocolate Baileys Fudge layer and smooth out until even. Refrigerate for 2 hours to set.