Green Cheesecake Brownie Bars are moist and fudgy with a creamy green cheesecake swirl. Grab one of these easy Green Cheesecake Brownie Bars while you can because they won’t last long! Perfect for celebrating St. Patrick’s Day and Christmas!
There are certain things that should just naturally go together… peanut butter and jelly.. milk and cookies… brownies and cheesecake. Brownies and cheesecake??? Oh yes, add that combination to the universal list and if the cheesecake brownie bars are green for St.Patrick’s Day (or Christmas), all the better.
After all, food coloring is fancy.
I have seen different recipes for the cheesecake brownie bars concept floating around the internet for years. I am stubborn and traditional in that there are certain foods I like better in their original state and up until now, brownies and cheesecake separately were better off left alone. Macaroni and cheese is another but that story will be saved for another day. Brownies…. when I think of brownies they need to be fudgy and gooey and even slightly undercooked. I want brownie batter to melt into my fingers like frosting, I want to make a mess, I want the brownie to know I was there and that I won. Did I mention gooey? Because that’s a very important word when it comes to describing true decadent, rich, brownie happiness. Gooey.
These Green Cheesecake Brownie Bars will not disappoint you. These are the perfect soft and fudgy cheesecake brownie bars and the green color for St. Patrick’s Day, Easter or even Christmas will make them even better! The chocolate brownie bars are rich and decadent and the cheesecake is soft and creamy. These Green Cheesecake Brownie Bars are the ultimate sweet treat to serve up to your holiday guests.
How Do You Make Green Cheesecake Brownie Bars?
Start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees and grease the bottom of your baking pan. Make your cream cheese filling first by combining the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla extract and egg in a medium sized bowl. Once combined add in your food coloring to what ever shade of green you like best.
In a large bowl, make you brownie batter using the ‘Fudgy” instructions on the back of the box. Pour the brownie batter into your prepared pan and then pour the cheese cake filling on top.
Smooth out the filing so that is almost reaches the edges of the brownie. Then use a knife and swirl through the pattern to create a marbled effect. Bake using the guidelines on the box according to your pan size. Chill overnight and then cut into squares.
I know they are not from scratch but my goodness, these Green Cheesecake Brownie Bars sure do taste good. If you are a natural born baker (Bless You!), by all means use your favorite homemade brownie recipe but This Girl is still learning and those store bought brownie mixes work just fine for me 🙂
- Always use a bit more green food coloring than you think you should .. the color will lighten slightly as it cooks
- Watch your cook time.. depending on your oven, the top of the cheesecake can brown a bit if left in too long. I usually take mine out at the least amount of time listed on the brownie box
- Refrigerate overnight before attacking the pan .. the cheesecake always tastes better cold than at room temp
Enjoy – Heather
**Have you made this recipe yet? If you have tried this recipe, please take the time and leave me a Comment / Rating and let me know how you liked it ????
Your feedback and comments mean the world to me and help ME write recipes better recipes for YOU!**
If you like food as much as I do, obviously we should be best friends now! Be sure to follow me on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest … and yup, even Instagram to never miss a new recipe and so we can keep in touch! And if you haven’t subscribed for A Wicked Whisk weekly newsletters yet … why not?? Subscribe today!!
Green Cheesecake Brownie Bars
- Cream cheese filling
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- green gel food coloring
- 1 (20 ounce) package fudge brownie mix
- 1/4 cup water (or what mix calls for)
- 1/3 cup oil (or what mix calls for)
- 2 eggs (or what mix calls for)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease the bottom of a 9 x 13 baking pan or cover with parchment paper and set aside
- Combine the cream cheese, sugar, flour, vanilla extract, salt and egg in a medium sized bowl.
- Once combined add in your food coloring to what ever shade of green you like best.
- In a large bowl, make you brownie batter using the 'Fudgy' instructions on the back of the box.
- Pour the brownie batter into your pan and then pour the cheese cake filling on top.
- Smooth out the filing so that is almost reaches the edges of the brownie.
- Use a knife and swirl through the pattern to create a marbled effect.
- Bake using the guidelines on the box according to your pan size and remove from oven when an inserted toothpick comes out mostly clean
- Chill overnight and then cut into squares.