This bright green Mint Chocolate Cheesecake is the perfect sweet treat to bring to your next St. Patrick’s Day celebration!!
It’s almost THAT time of year again!! The second best holiday of the year, in this girl opinion. The one day of the year when everyone is your friend, love of fellow man is celebrated with jovial random outbursts of song with strangers and no matter what your ethnicity, everyone is the same.. at least for one day.
What time of the year, you ask??? St. Patrick’s Day, of course!
There is nothing that I do not love about St. Patrick’s Day. This Irish girl has always celebrated from start to finish with green hair highlights,neon green tutu and tights, layers of sparkly light up green Kiss Me necklaces and the ridiculous bar tab to prove it. There just is not another day like it, everyone loves everyone else and it truly is a joyous day of fun and laughter.
And what better way to bring a little bit of delicious green into your day this year than with cheesecake?… neon green cheesecake, to be exact. This recipe is so easy there should be no excuses as to why this is not showcasing on your dessert plates come March 17th.
Now, some folks are not a fan of mint. That’s ok, the cheesecake itself is not mint flavored in any way so the recipe is for plain (a-ma-zing!) cheesecake. Just use regular sandwich cookies instead of mint cookies for the crust and melt semisweet or dark chocolate for the topping.
Did you see what I just did there? See how easy that was to please the masses? #worlddomination
Enjoy the holiday and don’t forget to be responsible… call that cab!!
- 1 pkg (20 cookies) mint sandwich cookies, pulverized
- 1 tbl sugar
- 1/4 cup butter , melted
- Cheesecake Filling - Philadelphia recipe
- 4 pkg (8 oz ea) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 1 tube Neon Green Gel Food Coloring (found in the cake aisle in most grocery stores)
- Chocolate Mint Topping
- 4 oz mint chocolates , melted
- 1 tbl butter , melted
- 1/3 cup cream
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and butter sides of a spring-form pan
- Blend cookies in a food processor until finely ground and then mix in sugar and butter to combine
- Press crumbs evenly onto the bottom and up the sides of the spring-form pan. Set aside
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy.. no lumps!
- Add in vanilla and eggs, one at a time, until all are incorporated.
- Squeeze in an entire tube of Neon Green Gel Food Coloring and mix to combine
- Spoon cheesecake filling into the crust and smooth out the top so that it is even
- Place cheesecake in the middle of the oven with a pan of water on the rack below it
- Bake for 50 minutes, turn off the oven and open the door. Do not remove the cheesecake for 1 hour and then transfer to the refrigerator to chill overnight.
- The next day, remove cheesecake from the fridge and run a butter knife around the inside edge of the pan. Remove cheesecake from the spring-form.
- In a small, microwave safe bowl, melt the mint chocolates on high in 30 second intervals, stirring after each 30 seconds. Pour melted chocolate into a medium sized mixing bowl and add in butter, cream and powdered sugar.
- Mix to combine until frosting is light and slightly pourable
- Spoon / pour frosting onto the top of the cheesecake and smooth out top until even.
- Serve immediately