Green Crinkle Cookies are easy to make and fun to color. These soft baked green cookies made from store bought cake mix are fluffy and sweet and the perfect way to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day, Easter or Christmas!
There are some recipes that surprise you. This Green Crinkle Cookies recipe is one of them.
After doing much research on the phenomena that is the Crinkle Cookie and finding approximately 7000 recipes and pictures and ooo’s and ahhhh’s, I figured they were going to be good but considering their ingredient list is pretty minimal, I really wasn’t expecting them to be GREAT. With St. Patrick’s Day right around the corner, I was looking for an easy green cookie made with a store bought cake mix and a few simple ingredients that would be fun for kids to bring to school to celebrate the day.
Let me just say that this recipe makes 36 cookies… by nightfall there were 13 of them left in my house.
Start by preheating your oven to 375 degrees and spray your cookie sheet with non-stick spray or cover with a sheet of parchment paper. Melt the butter and in a large bowl, combine with the cake mix and eggs. When you have your ingredients combined, add in several drops of green food coloring and mix it in.
Refrigerate dough for at least 30 minutes. Once chilled, remove from refrigerator and spooning up enough dough to roll into a 1 inch ball. Drop the ball into the powdered sugar and roll it around to cover it completely. Move your cookie to your prepared cookie sheet and repeat until all the dough has been used.
When your sheet is full, cook them for 10-11 minutes. They will be puffy and crinkly and beautiful. Remove them from the oven, let them cool for one minute and then move them to a cooling rack.
- Don’t be shy with the food coloring .. I prefer food coloring gel to using the liquid and once you think it’s green enough, add a bit more. The cookies will lighten as they cook
- Don’t skip chilling the dough in the refrigerator. I brings the dough together and your cookies will be fluffier and hold their shape better.
- You can flavor these Green Crinkle Cookies with any extract flavoring your like
These are quick and easy Green Crinkle Cookies and are perfect to bring to work, school or to a friends house to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day.
And if you share them, you won’t have to explain how you ate the entire batch yourself.
Enjoy! – Heather
- 1 box French Vanilla cake mix
- 8 tbl butter melted
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp almond extract
- Green food coloring
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees and spray a cookie sheet with non-stick spray.
- Melt the butter and in a large bowl, combine with the cake mix and eggs.
- When you have your ingredients combined, add in several drops of green food coloring and the almond extract and mix it in.
Chill dough in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes and pour powdered sugar into a small bowl. Set aside
Once chilled, remove dough and scoop up enough dough to roll into a 1 inch ball. Roll the ball around until covered in powdered sugar and set on your cookie sheet. Cook cookies for 9 minutes.
- Remove them from the oven, let them cool for one minute and then move them to a cooling rack.
**Have you made this recipe yet? If you have tried this recipe, please take the time and leave me a Comment / Rating and let me know how you liked it ????
Your feedback and comments mean the world to me and help ME write recipes better recipes for YOU!**
If you like food as much as I do, obviously we should be best friends now! Be sure to follow me on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest … and yup, even Instagram to never miss a new recipe and so we can keep in touch! And if you haven’t subscribed for A Wicked Whisk weekly newsletters yet … why not?? Subscribe today!!