These Pumpkin Pudding Parfaits are made with instant pudding, pumpkin puree, whipped cream, pecans and granola. This easy no bake pumpkin dessert idea is perfect to serve up for Halloween, Thanksgiving or at any fall get together!
One of my absolute favorite things about fall is all of the amazing pumpkin recipes.
Let’s be real, it’s impossible to have a bad day when you have the scent of cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg wafting through the house and this easy Pumpkin Pudding Parfaits recipe is one of my favorites to make.
Seriously, when your breaking out recipes for pumpkin pie smoothies, pumpkin cupcakes, pumpkin cookies, pumpkin ravioli, pumpkin cobbler… tell me how this is not the BEST time of the year??
So what is a Pumpkin Pudding Parfait? This pudding parfait recipe is a simple combination of instant pudding, pumpkin puree, whipped topping all layered with chopped pecans and store bought granola.
This is the perfect easy pumpkin dessert idea to serve up anytime but what a great twist to serve up on Thanksgiving dessert in place of traditional pumpkin pie.
WHY THIS PUMPKIN PARFAIT RECIPE IS THE BEST
This Pumpkin Pie Parfait recipe is a no bake layered dessert made with creamy pudding, sweet whipped topping and then layers of crunchy granola and chopped pecans. We’re hitting on all cylinders here, aren’t we?
- Pumpkin parfaits are basically a deconstructed pumpkin pie without the hassle of making homemade pie crust. #winning
- This pumpkin parfait recipe are made with just a handful of ingredients you probably already have in your pantry
- This easy dessert idea comes together in 15 minutes. Beat that!
- Looking for an easy make ahead dessert idea to serve up at your next fall get together? Here you go!
- No bake pumpkin dessert. The. End.
To make this Pumpkin Pudding Parfait recipe, you will need:
- Instant pudding – I use the cheesecake flavored instant pudding but vanilla works just as well.
- Milk – Whole milk is best but you can use any type of milk you prefer.
- Pumpkin puree – adds perfect pumpkin flavor without having to cook your own pumpkin!
- Granola – nothing on this planet is crunchier to eat than granola
- Chopped pecans – the perfect compliment to fall flavors
- Whipped topping – light and sweet
HOW TO MAKE PUMPKIN PUDDING PARFAITS
In a large mixing bowl, mix together instant pudding and milk and let sit for 5 minutes.
Add pumpkin puree and spices to your pudding and mix to combine.
In small 1/2 pint jars or glasses, add a layer of pumpkin pudding. On top of your pumpkin pudding, add a layer of chopped pecans.
Next add a layer of whipped topping. Sprinkle a layer of store bought granola on top of your whipped topping.
Repeat the layers twice and end with a sprinkling of granola for garnishing.
Chill until you’re ready to serve. Enjoy!
Pumpkin Pudding Parfaits
- 1 3/4 cup whole milk
- 3.4 ounce package instant pudding cheesecake or vanilla flavored
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 8 oz tub frozen whipped topping , thawed
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup granola
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together instant pudding and milk and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Add pumpkin puree and spices to your pudding and mix to combine.
- In small 1/2 pint jars or glasses, add a layer of pumpkin pudding. On top of your pumpkin pudding, add a layer of chopped pecans. Next add a layer of whipped topping. Sprinkle a layer of store bought granola on top of your whipped topping. Repeat the layers twice and end with a sprinkling of granola for garnishing.
- Chill until you're ready to serve. Enjoy!
PRO TIPS FOR PERFECT PUMPKIN PARFAITS
- The layers in these pumpkin parfaits don’t have to be precise amounts. I used a few tablespoon of pumpkin pudding and then sprinkled on the pecans until I was happy with how they looked and then added a couple of tablespoons of the whipped topping.
- Remember you are serving these in glasses to be seen. Make sure your layers go all the way to the edge of the glass so they can be seen.
- If you don’t have parfait glasses, don't stress about it! Try serving this parfait recipe in mason jars, small drink glasses, tall beer glasses or even martini glasses!
- Because you serve these pumpkin parfaits in individual servings, make sure to know how many guests will be showing up to your event. Always make and extra parfait .. or two!
- This recipe is best prepared the day of serving but can be made ahead of time up to six hours. Parking these in the fridge helps these parfaits to solidify a little bit. This makes this an extremely convenient dessert idea for parties.
- Remember the presentation is important.. keep the sides of your glasses/jars as clean as possible.
Update Notes: This post was originally published in October of 2016 but was republished with an updated recipe, new photos, step by step instructions and tips in October of 2019.
Leave a Reply