Easy Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies are the all-time best cookie to celebrate the holidays with. Chewy, buttery and rich with peanut butter.. with a Kiss on top!
My favorite flavor combination of all time has to be peanut butter and chocolate. There is no other marriage of yumminess that goes together and completes each other as perfectly as the two. Ice cream, candy, fudge, COOKIES … the list goes on and and on and if you are a lover of the two flavors, you will be hard pressed to find an example of when they are anything less than magical when accompanying each other. Admit it, you remember the commercials when they showed the peanut butter jar and the big huge brick of Hershey’s candy and you know that you tried to create the perfect food group by dunking that candy in that peanut butter. The only reason that NEVER worked out the way we all intended is because we would have all accomplished complete and total world domination if we had succeeded at that point and there really can only be one. Obviously, this points to a government conspiracy of some sort but we will have to look into that later (lol).
I’ve wrote before how my husbands favorite holiday cookie are the Magic Bars. No matter how amazing those are … and they ARE amazing .. my personal favorite will always be the Easy Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies . The ultimate combination of chewy cookie and hard chocolate, buttery and rich all at the same time … believe me when I say that if lived by myself and didn’t have an accountability tracker (a.k.a. The Husband), I could gain 20 lbs over Christmas break just eating Easy Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies alone. Give me a gallon a milk and a plate of warm, just out of the oven cookies … stand back or step aside before you get hurt!
This is a classic recipe and one that has been shared time and time again. There is a reason for that!! These Easy Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies come out chewy and soft and the candy kiss on top compliments them perfectly. If you are not a fan of chocolate (I think we can still be friends), leave it off and just serve these as plain peanut butter cookies. You will not be disappointed, I promise.
And don’t worry, we can work on our plan for world domination next week when the cookies are all gone.
Please leave me a comment and let me know what you think… or just say Hi! I love hearing from you!!
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup brown sugar , packed
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup white sugar for rolling
- 2 9 oz bags of candy kisses , unwrapped
- Start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees and prepare cookie sheets by spraying them with non-stick cooking spray,
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, peanut butter, brown sugar and 1 cup of the white sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add in the eggs one at time and then add in the milk and vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients, flour, baking soda and salt. Slowly add the dry ingredients to your butter mixture in small batches, mixing thoroughly until both are incorporated. Shape dough into 1 inch balls and roll in the remaining 1/2 cup of sugar.
- Place cookies on cookie sheets and gently press down on the cookies with the back side of a fork, flattening them slightly.
- Bake for 9 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and while still on the cookie sheet, gently press a candy kiss into each cookie.
- Carefully move the cookies to a cooling rack and let cool completely before moving them for storage.
- *I suggest adding the kisses while the cookies are still on the pan because when I did this step when they were already on the cooling rack, they partially pushed through into the rack and the bottoms of all my cookies had a funky criss-cross design.. lesson learned .. lol