Super moist, super flavorful these Pumpkin Cupcakes with Maple Cream Cheese Frosting are decadent, indulgent perfection!… with pecans on top!
As the fall season is now full speed steaming ahead and the ‘pumpkin everything’ time of the year is upon us, it seems only appropriate… no… NECESSARY to preheat the oven, break out the muffin tins and bake up my favorite sweet treats to indulge in, Pumpkin Cupcakes with Maple Cream Cheese Frosting.
Super moist, super flavorful pumpkin cupcakes topped off with cream cheese frosting rich with maple flavor and sprinkled with crunchy pecans. Trust me when I tell you there is no part of any of these Pumpkin Cupcakes with Maple Cream Cheese Frosting that will make you feel anything less than warm and fuzzy all over. Decadent, indulgent, perfection!… with pecans on top!
These Pumpkin Cupcakes are perfect for potluck work lunches, kids parties or just treating yourself for keeping YOUR world running right and because they are so quick and easy to make, you can snack on these all season long. OK, you might want to eat a carrot or a rice cake now and again but honestly, isn’t the forgiving nature of yoga pants why they made them to begin with??
Worry about your waistline come New Years.. until then, we have cupcakes!!!
All joking aside, these Pumpkin Cupcakes are perfectly spiced and the maple flavored cream cheese frosting adds that extra sprinkling of elegance that you just cant always find with plain ol’ vanilla frosting. Treat yourself, you deserve it!
Pumpkin Cupcakes with Maple Cream Cheese Frosting
- Pumpkin Cupcakes
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tbl pumpkin pie spice
- 3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 package instant vanilla cheesecake pudding
- 1 15 oz can pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- Maple Cream Cheese Frosting
- 2 8 oz pkgs of cream cheese
- 1 stick butter , softened
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tbl maple extract
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup pecans , small chopped
- Paper cupcake wrappers or non stick spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- For the cupcakes, start by combining sugar, brown sugar, eggs, oil and spices in a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer
- Add in the pumpkin and the vanilla
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, pudding and salt and then slowly incorporate into the wet ingredients until well combined
- Spray muffin tin with non stick cooking spray or line with cupcake wrappers
- Spoon pumpkin mixture into cups 3/4 of the way full
- Lower temperature of oven to 325 degrees and bake for 26-29 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out mostly clean
- Remove from oven and let cool 3 minutes in the tins before moving cupcakes to a wire cooling rack to cool completely
- For the frosting, in a large mixing bowl and using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese until smooth and creamy. Add in the butter and mix as well.
- Add syrup, both extracts and salt to the mixture and then slowly add in the powdered sugar in batches until all has been incorporated. Refrigerate frosting while cupcakes cook and cool completely
- Once cupcakes have cooled, frost using a piping bag, zip top bag with a frosting coupling or just a good ol' butter knife.
- Sprinkle with pecans and enjoy!