Full of rich pumpkin and spice flavors, these amazing Crinkle Spice Pumpkin Cookies are easy to make and even easier to eat!!
Sigh…. Halloween is over and pumpkin recipes are everywhere you look. I am not going to apologize for my happiness, sassiness or ridiculously enthusiastic support of all that is pumpkin!! It is truly one of my most favorite flavors and especially when it comes to sweets and baked goods. Slide an XL cup of coffee next to (insert pumpkin treat name HERE) and you will find nothing but sunshine and sprinkles shooting out me at an almost offensive, sickening level.
So now that the Heather / Pumpkin disclaimer is out of the way, let’s get down to the good stuff. Anyone who has followed this blog for any amount of time has learned two things about me .. #1 – I am not always the best from scratch baker …. and #2 – I like to cheat and use cake mix to make the most ADDICTIVE crinkle cookies on the planet!!!! Ok, I may be overselling that last statement a bit but not by much because the cookies come out amazing and there is next to no work involved with making them.
Check. Check mate!
Here comes Halloween … swoosh … there goes Halloween and now that the Queen of Halloween can sit down and breathe for a minute, it’s time to get back to work. The first task of order ?? … C-O-O-K-I-E-S!! I wish you all could have seen my kitchen last weekend.. yes, all of you… it would be a tight squeeze but once we start handing out the wine.. oh, never mind … anyways, if you could have seen my kitchen you would have thought I had my very own production line running. I had 5 new recipes simultaneously all cooking at the same time and this recipe for Crinkle Spice Pumpkin Cookies was first on my list. These are so simple to make and so quick that by the time I started on my second recipe (Pumpkin Snickerdoodles), I had already Quality Controlled eaten half a batch of the Crinkle Cookies. Can we say scandalous???
Also, please notice I am not the only one on Quality Control duty. #Ziva
Scratch bakers are my true heros but if you are like me and are less than gifted in that area or are a super busy, amazing mom and/or wife and/or single person and/or pet owner … go ahead and cheat with me and grab that spiced cake mix out of the grocery aisle.
I promise, I will be your alibi.
Please leave me a comment and let me know what you think… or just say Hi! I love hearing from you!!
Crinkle Spice Pumpkin Cookies
- 1 box Spice Cake mix
- 8 tbl butter , melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 3 tbl pumpkin puree
- 2 cup pecans , chopped
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tbl cornstarch
- Red and Yellow food coloring (totally optional)
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees and spray a cookie sheet with non-stick spray.
- In a small bowl combine the powdered sugar and cornstarch.
- Set aside.
- Melt the butter and in a large bowl, combine with the cake mix, eggs, spice and pumpkin.
- Stir in the chopped pecans
- When you have your ingredients combined, add in several drops of the red and yellow food coloring and mix it in. This step is completely optional...I am not a fan blah looking cookies so adding the food coloring brings them up to more of a pumpkin color.
- Drop spoonfuls of the dough into the powdered sugar mixture.
- Roll the blob around until covered in sugar and then roll it into a ball and set on your cookie sheet. Cook cookies for 9 minutes.
- Remove them from the oven, let them cool for one minute and then move them to a cooling rack.