Last Updated on by
Slow Cooker Bacon Jam is the perfect salty, sweet, savory condiment spread to add to appetizers, sandwiches and snacks alike. Made with coffee, bacon, brown sugar and maple syrup, this rich and amazing Slow Cooker Bacon Jam recipe will change your life!
Be still my heart, what is this thing we call Slow Cooker Bacon Jam?
I had never heard of Slow Cooker Bacon Jam before and certainly had never tried it but now that I know of it’s existence and made it myself, my household will probably never be without it again. Talk about an amazing jar of deliciousness to have on hand or better yet, give as a gift to someone. Salty, sweet, savory… Slow Cooker Bacon Jam is the perfect … wait.. is this an appetizer or a condiment???? … I’m calling it a condiment … Slow Cooker Bacon Jam is the most perfect condiment and addition to your life.
Yup, that pretty much sums it up!
WHAT IS SLOW COOKER BACON JAM?
Slow Cooker Bacon Jam is basically a reduction of spices and sweets and yes, bacon into a chunky spread that you can use in a variety of ways to complement your food ideas.
WHAT DO YOU USE BACON JAM ON?
The short answer to that question is… the possibilities are endless. Whatever you might like bacon on, you can add this spread instead. Peanut butter banana bacon sandwiches.. YES! Bacon Lettuce and Tomato appetizers… YES! Baked brie and Slow Cooker Bacon Jam on toasted bread … YES! Slow Cooker Bacon Jam off a spoon right out of the slow cooker… YES YES YES!!!
SO, HOW DO I MAKE SLOW COOKER BACON JAM?
Let me tell you, it is so super easy to make that you will be amazed that something so versatile and delicious could be so simple. Start by cutting up a pound of bacon into 1 inch pieces and frying it all up in a large skillet. Cook the bacon until it is done, not crispy but browned.
Remove the bacon from the pan with a slotted spoon and drain off most of the grease, leaving only about 1 tablespoon of grease in the skillet. Add in the sliced onions and cook for 3-4 minutes.
Stir in the maple syrup, brown sugar, coffee, apple cider vinegar and spices and bring all of that to a boil and then add the cooked bacon pieces back in the skillet.
Let it boil for 1-2 minutes and then transfer the Bacon Jam to a slow cooker. Cook on High for 4 hours UNCOVERED, stirring occasionally. After 4 hours, you have the most amazing spread you will ever try.
Welcome to Slow Cooker Bacon Jam. You are welcome.
- Don’t overcook the bacon. Part of the charm of this spread is the large chunks of bacon and if you overcook it, it will crumble
- Seriously, this can be used so many different ways. Get creative!
- Slow Cooker Bacon Jam will be good for 2 – 4 in the refrigerator (like it’s going to last THAT long!)
- Slow Cooker Bacon Jam is the perfect give away gift for birthdays, holidays and especially for gifts to show your appreciation (teachers, delivery people, etc..)
Enjoy! – Heather
If you like food as much as I do, obviously we should be best friends now! Be sure to follow me on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest … and yup, even Instagram to never miss a new recipe and so we can keep in touch! And if you haven’t subscribed for A Wicked Whisk weekly newsletters yet … why not?? Subscribe today!!
**Have you made this recipe yet? If you have tried this recipe, please take the time and leave me a Comment / Rating and let me know how you liked it ????
Your feedback and comments mean the world to me and help ME write recipes better recipes for YOU!**
Slow Cooker Bacon Jam
- 1 pound smoked bacon cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 large yellow onion diced
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 cup strong coffee
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Start by cutting up a pound of bacon into 1 inch pieces and frying it all up in a large skillet over medium high heat. Cook the bacon until it is done, not crispy but browned.
- Remove the bacon from the pan with a slotted spoon and drain off most of the grease, leaving only about 1 tablespoon of grease in the skillet. Add in the diced onions and cook for 3-4 minutes and then stir in the maple syrup, brown sugar, coffee, apple cider vinegar and spices and bring all of that to a boil.
- Add the bacon back into the jam and boil for 1-2 minutes and then transfer the to a slow cooker. Cook on High for 4 hours UNCOVERED, stirring occasionally.
- Serve immediately or let cool to room temperature and refrigerate in an air tight container for up to 2 - 4 weeks.