Last Updated on by
This Spicy One Pot Pasta Dinner is quick, easy and delicious. The perfect meal for busy week nights.
Spicy One Pot Pasta Dinner
There are those days when you could figure out quantum physics before you could come up with something to cook for dinner. Your brain goes completely and utterly void of insight, suggestion or opinion.
You ask your co-workers what they are making for dinner, you ask your husband what to make, you even venture forth to Facebook friends for suggestions before you pull into the grocery store and aimlessly wander the aisles while security eyeballs you as a possible shoplifting threat. Nothing sounds good, nothing sounds right, you question the validity of the peanut butter and jelly relationship.
This happened to me earlier this week.. gee, it sure is a good thing I run a food blog, right? I walked the aisles, I randomly dropped items into my cart, I went home and warned Mike to have very low expectations when it came to dinner because I had no idea what I was doing with the items I had bought. He pulled pizza delivery up on his phone and kept the screen open as one would have 911 on the ready in an emergency situation. It’s ok, I understood.
So I started with the turkey kielbasa and sauteed it in a bit of olive oil in a big pot. I removed the kielbasa and then using the same pot, boiled up some pasta. Next came the Alfredo sauce and a little bit of spicy chipotle salsa… then more the of the salsa and then some spices and oh heck!.. throw some shredded cheddar and some green onions in there and then …. BAM!!!!!! What I ended up with was a quick, easy, one pot meal that was fabulous and since I used low fat options, almost healthy! Ok, healthy might be a stretch but it was a lot less fattening than I would normally cook and any calories saved is a good thing.
And the best thing? There was no 911 emergency pizza call placed from my house that night.
Like what you see? Don’t forget to follow me on Facebook and Pinterest!
Spicy One Pot Pasta Dinner
- 16 oz Penne pasta
- 13 oz turkey kielbasa
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 10 oz refrigerated Light Alfredo sauce (I use Buitoni)
- 8 oz spicy chipotle salsa
- 8 oz shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 6 green onions , chopped
- Start by slicing your kielbasa into 1/4 inch disks.
- Pour olive oil into a large pot over medium-high heat and saute the kielbasa until cooked through.
- Remove the kielbasa and wipe out the pot.
- Next, fill the pot with water (add salt) and bring to a boil.
- Add pasta to the water and cook following manufacturers instructions.
- When pasta has cooked, drain the water and return pasta to the pot. Add in the cooked kielbasa, sauces, spices, cheese and onions.
- Stir well to combine and serve immediately.