Last Updated on by
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #ThinSlicedChicken #CollectiveBias
Easy 30 Minute Chicken Piccata is the perfect chicken dinner to spoil your family with on busy weeknights. Quick, delicious and on the table in 30 minutes!
Are you like me and have an amazing chicken dish you want to prepare for dinner but too late realize that you have forgotten to take the chicken out of the freezer? If this only happens to me once a week, I am good. I can’t even tell you how many times I have forgotten to take the chicken out of the freezer and then just give up on making a homemade dinner and head straight for the phone and call for delivery. Honestly, there are probably some weeks my pizza delivery guy sees me more than my own husband.
I think I am safe in saying that chicken is our healthy go to protein and it’s versatility can’t be beat. But we all know what a hassle it is trying to defrost chicken in 5 minutes so that you can get dinner on the table for your family without it turning out rubbery or still half frozen and honestly, nobody has time to wait around for chicken to defrost.
Apparently, Tyson Foods understands that the struggle is real.
I could not believe it when I heard there was finally chicken that you can use for your dinners and that will cook straight from the freezer. Tyson® Individually Frozen Thin Sliced Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts are the real deal! I had to give these a try. I jumped in my car and drove around the corner to my neighborhood Walmart. I know I always rave about the Walmart grocery section but I promise I am not lying about how convenient they really are. There is no need to drive from store to store in search of various ingredients when Walmart carries everything you need for your recipes in one location.
So I run to the chicken section at Walmart and there they are!
Tyson® Individually Frozen Thin Sliced Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts, thin sliced, individually frozen, super convenient. No more waiting for chicken to defrost and no more passing by on eating healthier just because you forgot to take the chicken out of the freezer in time or having to unfreeze an entire package of chicken when you only need one or two servings. Perfect!
So now that I have my amazing bag of Tyson® Individually Frozen Thin Sliced Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts, what am I going to do with it? I want to make something quick, easy, and not too heavy. Immediately, I think of lemons and parsley and that leads me to one of my favorite dishes, Chicken Piccata. It is everything that I am looking for and I know that it is an easy, quick dinner to serve my family. I walked around Walmart and gathered the rest of the items I would need to make my recipe and headed home to try out these amazing Tyson® Individually Frozen Thin Sliced Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts.
I was so excited for to try this product. I took the chicken directly from the bag and dredged it through some flour seasoned with lemon pepper.Then I added the thin cut chicken breasts to a pan already simmering with a butter and olive oil mixture.
I cooked my chicken breasts for approximately 20 minutes flipping often and they came out perfect! You would never know that I cooked this chicken straight from the freezer, they tasted tender, juicy and amazing!
While my chicken was cooking, I also cooked the pasta. I set a pot of water to boil and when it came to temperature, I added my linguine pasta. Once that was cooked I added in some olive oil, Parmesan cheese and garlic powder and that made the perfect pasta to serve along with my Chicken Piccata. Then I turned to my sauce. Using the same pan I cooked my chicken in, I added some olive oil to the pan along with a little bit of flour, fresh squeezed lemon juice, chicken stock, heavy cream and finally the capers and brought that to a low boil. With my sauce done, I plated it up all together with a nest of my delicious garlic Parmesan pasta topped it with one of the chicken breasts and then spooned the Piccata sauce over everything and it was delicious! And the best part was that everything was done in 30 minutes. It gets no better than that!
I still can’t believe how convenient these Tyson® Individually Frozen Thin Sliced Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts are and how tender and delicious my dinner turned out. These just made weeknight dinners and eating healthier a whole lot easier.
For more ideas and inspiration, don’t forget to check out the Tyson page HERE!
Psst… Now that we are friends, don’t you think we should spend some more time together? That’s what besties do, right? Don’t forget to follow me on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest .. and yup, even Instagram!
Easy 30 Minute Chicken Piccata
- For the Chicken
- 4 Tyson® Individually Frozen Thin Sliced Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp lemon pepper powder
- 2 tbl butter
- 2 tbl olive oil
- For the Piccata Sauce
- 3 tbl olive oil
- 1 tbl all purpose flour
- Juice of half of lemon
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup capers , rinsed and drained
- For the Pasta
- 1 lb linguine
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese , grated
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbl olive oil
- Start by melting butter and olive oil together in a large skillet over medium to medium high heat
- While that is heating also bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- On a large plate, combine the flour and lemon pepper powder
- Remove the Tyson® Individually Frozen Thin Sliced Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts from the freezer bag and dredge through the flour mixture so that both sides of each breast are evenly coated
- Add the chicken breasts to the heated butter / oil and cook for 17-20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Flip chicken often so that both sides have a chance to brown
- Once cooked through, remove chicken to a plate and set aside
- In the same skillet used to cook the chicken (wipe clean first if you like) add the olive oil and whisk in the tablespoon of flour. Once combined, add in the lemon juice, chicken stock, heavy cream and capers. Bring to a low boil while constantly whisking and then add in the chicken breasts to the sauce to simmer for 3-4 minutes
- While the chicken is cooking, bring that large pot of water to a boil. Once boiling, add the the linguine and cook al dente following the manufacturers instructions on the pasta box.
- When cooked, drain the pasta and immediately add in the olive oil, Parmesan cheese and garlic powder. Toss to combine.
- Serve a helping of pasta with the chicken breast and sauce spooned over top. Garnish with parsley and an extra sprinkle of Parmesan (optional but highly recommended.. wink wink)