Mini Crescent Dogs
Mini Crescent Dogs are cocktail sized beef smokies wrapped inside cheddar cheese and tender crescent rolls. These crowd-pleasing pigs in a blanket are the perfect party fingerfood and always give you reason to celebrate!
Servings: 48 pieces
- 8 ounce can refrigerated crescent dough
- 12 ounce package lil' smokies
- 4 ounces sliced cheddar cheese
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Start by opening and unrolling a refrigerated can of crescent dough and pour the little beef smokies into a bowl.
Pinch together two of the crescent triangles side by side to create a square or leave as individual triangles and with a sharp knife, cut down the square lengthwise to create 1/2 inch strips of dough. Place a small piece of cheese on the dough strip followed by a lil' smokie. Roll the smokie up in the dough and move to a baking sheet sprayed with non-stick spray or lined with parchment paper.
Follow these instructions until you run out of lil' smokies. Bake for 9-12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove and serve immediately.
PRO TIPS FOR MINI CRESCENT DOGS
NEVER MISS A WICKED WHISK RECIPE
FACEBOOK / PINTEREST / INSTAGRAM
- You can make these little pigs in the blanket ahead of time and park them in the refrigerator covered in plastic wrap until you need them.
- Pre-packaged lil' smokies come with a bit of liquid in the packaging. Be sure to move them to a bowl so the liquid can drain away.
- I use slices of sharp cheddar cheese to make this appetizer. Shredded cheese could also be used.
- Try to cut your sliced cheese a bit smaller than your strip of dough. Cheese will melt out a bit but that's ok :)
- Want to fancy them up? Brush them with melted butter after baking and sprinkle on some poppy seeds, everything seasoning or sesame seeds.
- Easy to serve up with a side of spicy honey mustard, bbq sauce or even ranch dressing
- Store any leftover pigs in a blanket covered in the refrigerator. Reheat them in the microwave for 10-20 seconds for a quick snack.
Serving: 25g | Calories: 75.9kcal | Carbohydrates: 4.1g | Protein: 3.1g | Fat: 5.3g | Saturated Fat: 2.5g | Cholesterol: 10mg | Sodium: 218.7mg | Fiber: 0.1g | Sugar: 0.9g | Vitamin A: 50IU | Calcium: 34mg | Iron: 0.4mg