Homemade Ranch Veggie Dip is tangy, packed with tons flavor and the easiest veggie dip to make from scratch in just 5 minutes. Loaded with herbs, spices and a few ingredients you probably already have on hand, this Homemade Ranch Veggie Dip is perfect for snacking on fresh vegetables, dipping your favorite chicken wings or dunkin’ your french fries!
If there is one thing that will make any party a huge success (minus an open bar.. yay!) is serving up an amazing veggie plate with .. you guessed it… Homemade Ranch Veggie Dip as it’s centerpiece. Think about it, you can serve up stuffed mushrooms and hot cheesy dips and bacon wrapped anything and your guests will be happy. But break out good Homemade Ranch Veggie Dip? The fans go wild!!!
This homemade ranch dip has been my go-to veggie dip for years. A friend of mine brought this into work one day about 25 years ago and this dip has been my must have party food ever since. It gets made for just about every holiday and family function … except for that ONE time I didn’t bring it and the drama and whining that ensued from my nephews and nieces .. well.. I never made that mistake again! It is extremely versatile and goes great on just about anything you would normally use sour cream or ranch dressing on. Super smooth, creamy, a bit tangy and loaded with tons of flavor, this Homemade Ranch Veggie Dip is the hit of EVERY party!
WHAT DO YOU EAT WITH HOMEMADE RANCH DIP?
An easier answer would probably be what DON’T you eat with homemade ranch dip? I use this dip for everything!!
- Potato Skins
- Veggie Tray
- French Fries
- Buffalo Chicken Wings
- Chicken Fingers
- Chicken Salad
- Roasted Potatoes
- Potato Poppers
- Anything and everything Game Day
HOW LONG DOES HOMEMADE RANCH DIP LAST?
Homemade dairy based dips such as ranch veggie dip is good for up to a week as long as it has been continously refrigerated and stored in a covered container.
WHAT IS ACCENT SEASONING?
Accent seasoning is a popular flavor enhancer that is mostly made up of MSG. It is often times found in the dried seasoning section of your grocery store and it can certainly be left out of this recipe if you choose. I have always used it in this recipe when I make it but I have also tried it without and it is just as delicious either way so feel free to omit if you don’t prefer the extra MSG.
MODIFICATIONS, IF YOU PLEASE ..
- Want to kick things up a notch? Stir in 2-3 diced chipotle peppers in Adobe sauce for the perfect spicy, smokey garlic dip.
- Substitute the parsley with fresh dill for a cool twist on this Homemade Ranch Veggie Dip.
- Trying to cut down on calories? Substitute low fat variations for the mayo and sour cream to make this veggie dip a bit more figure friendly.
- Feel free to substitute fresh parsley for dried parsley flakes. I have always made this using what was in my pantry but you can certainly add fresh herbs.
I can’t tell you enough, this Homemade Ranch Veggie Dip is the BOMB!! This is the ranch dip recipe you have been looking for your whole life and the best and I promise that everyone who tries it will be begging you for this recipe. Talk about easy peasy!! Five minutes and this dip is whipped together and chilling in your fridge. The hardest part is waiting for that chill chest magic to happen. Just remember to make this a little bit ahead of time so it has time to chill in the fridge and if you are not feeding a small army and don’t need as much, this recipes halves beautifully.
Once you realize that ranch dip does not need to come pre-made from the grocery store, you life truly begins. Ok, that may have been a bit over-dramatic but honestly, you will never want to buy a bottle ranch dip or ranch dressing again.
HOW DO YOU MAKE HOMEMADE RANCH VEGGIE DIP?
Easy! To make this Homemade Ranch Veggie Dip, simply add the sour cream, mayo, spices and parsley to a large mixing bowl and stir until well incorporated. Transfer to a covered bowl and move the refrigerator to chill for 2 hours. Serve immediately with fresh vegetables, chicken wings or whatever else you can think of!
HOMEMADE RANCH VEGGIE DIP
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon Accent Seasoning (optional)
- To make this Homemade Ranch Veggie Dip, simply add the sour cream, mayo, spices and parsley to a large mixing bowl and stir until well incorporated. Transfer to a covered bowl and move the refrigerator to chill for 2 hours. Serve immediately with fresh vegetables, chicken wings or whatever else you can think of!