Last Updated on by
This Spicy Bacon Corn Dip incorporates the best of all worlds, smoky bacon, crunchy sweet corn, a strong spicy kick and melty ooey gooey cheesy goodness.
Admit it, appetizers are the highlight of any party. Yes, yes .. sparkling conversation and times with friends ..that’s all well and good but serve bad munchies and your party will go down in history as a dud. Hey, I don’t write the rules but I can tell you that serving interesting and delicious mini-foods can save even the dullest affair. How many times have you gone home after hours of surviving close talkers and loud laughers only to say “…but her crab dip was out of this world! We definitely need to go to their next party just for that”…. See?
The power of a good dip is unmatched and this recipe is one that you will want to add to your selection. Everyone expects a spinach dip recipe and probably a chili cheese recipe and even an occasional seafood recipe but this Spicy Bacon Corn Dip recipe is one that will have your crowd on it’s collective toes and reaching for more. No double dipping, please!
I was in charge of bringing an appetizer to a gathering and I honestly didn’t want to bring the usual fare. I wanted something bold, something spicy, something with some flare and some crunch to it and as I went searching I was disappointed to find that there was not one dip recipe that was going to give me everything I wanted in one bowl. So I set forth in cleaning out my fridge, so to speak, and brought together the best of all worlds. This dip is creamy, spicy, crunchy.. there’s bacon … there’s melted cheese … there was even an excuse to go to Home Goods and buy new spices. Do you see where I am going with all this? IT’S AMAZING!!!!
Ok, the trip to Home Goods was probably unnecessary but really, who doesn’t love that store?
Spicy Bacon Corn Dip
Like most dip recipes, there isn’t a lot in way of preparation and that’s another reason why we love them, isn’t it? In a large bowl, combine your mayonnaise and sour cream with your seasonings.
Add in your drained corn (*Side-note: this would be amazing with fresh corn of the cob), onions, jalapenos, bacon and cheeses.
Stir carefully to combine. I say carefully because you don’t want to crumble your bacon beyond recognition. Once all of your ingredients are evenly incorporated, transfer to a large enough casserole dish that has been lightly sprayed with non-stick spray. Smooth out the top and cover with remaining shredded cheese. Bake for 25 minutes or until cheese is brown and bubbly. Remove and let set for 10-15 minutes before serving.
This dip was a huge hit and I will be making this again and again. It incorporates the best of all worlds, smoky bacon, crunchy sweet corn, a strong spicy kick and melty ooey gooey cheesy goodness.
Grab some chips and enjoy!
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 8 slices bacon , crispy
- 5 green onions , chopped
- 1/3 red onion , minced
- 4 15 oz cans of corn , drained
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ancho pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp red pepper powder
- 4 jalapenos , seeded and minced
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese , grated
- 8 oz sharp cheddar cheese , divided
- 16 oz Monterrey jack cheese , divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large bowl, combine your mayonnaise and sour cream with your seasonings.
- Add in your drained corn, onions, jalapenos, bacon and 1/3 of both cheeses.
- Stir carefully to combine.
- Once all of your ingredients are evenly incorporated, transfer to a large enough casserole dish that has been lightly sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Smooth out the top and cover with remaining shredded cheese.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until cheese is brown and bubbly.
- Remove from oven and let set for 10-15 minutes before serving.