Make Ahead Freezer Breakfast Sandwich will save you time in the morning and feed your family a healthy, nutritious breakfast as you are flying out the door!
*This post may contain affiliate links .. what that means is if you click on a link, I may receive compensation*
If there is one thing that I fail at on almost a daily basis, it is breakfast. Every morning the clock is set to go off 15 minutes early so that I have time to break out the Ninja and whirl up an amazing healthy smoothie. Every morning, the Snooze button gets violently assaulted… repeatedly. Even though I (almost) always pack our lunches the night before and I make sure Mike goes off to work with breakfast, lunch and an array of snacks, every day I start my morning with an XL Dunkin Donuts coffee and a cheese stick. Does anyone else do this? What is wrong with me?
Even though I am very happy with my Xl and my stick o’ cheese, even I can recognize that I need to improve in this area.
Now, aside from the obvious choices like a heaping stack of buttermilk pancakes or Lord help me, a huge plate of waffles drenched in syrup (#notdietfriendly) other breakfast alternatives need to be found. Breakfast on the run I think is truly one of life’s more difficult challenges … um, hello… obviously.… so how happy was I when I realized that I could make my own Make Ahead Freezer Breakfast Sandwich in my “spare time” and freeze them so that they would be ready to grab and out the door we go anytime I need them? YAY!!!!
One thing I do enjoy doing is cooking breakfast on Saturday mornings. Unfortunately, Mike is usually working so I would simply be cooking for myself and let’s be honest, the dish duty just isn’t worth it. But by making Make Ahead Freezer Breakfast Sandwich ahead of time, wrapping them individually and freezing them, these little plastic wrapped miracles are the easiest way to get a healthy, hot meal without having to stop at a fast food drive thru to get one. You can trust the ingredients they are made with as you are making them yourself and you can specialize them any way YOU and your family like. Do you like egg but no meat? No meat, it is… Do you want broccoli and cheese mixed in with your eggs to make it a super-charged healthy sandwich? There you go … Are you like me and like yours without the egg and on a well done English muffin? Well there YOU go!! Talk about having it your way!!
These are so easy to bring together and such a time saver!! Be sure to work smart though. I say this because THIS girl still has a two opening toaster. WHAT??? Yup!!! Laying the English muffins out on a huge pan and broiling them all off at once is a life saver.
And if you still don’t have a 10 x 15 jelly roll pan, buy one!!! You will not be sorry. I use them all the time and they are great for cooking the entire bag of french fries and making huge trays of nachos and we will not even talk about how much time and trouble they save you when you are making cookies!!
Anyways… back to our Make Ahead Freezer Breakfast Sandwich….
What was I saying ? Oh yeah .. and since you are going to to making one you might as well make a bunch and that way you always have them on hand. Can we say perfect breakfast option?? Seriously! When you see how easy it is to make these, you will need to go buy a bigger freezer. No joke! And reheating these only takes about 1 minute in the microwave … does this get any easier???
I made a batch of these last night, there are 2 left in my freezer presently and that is probably only because Big Scary Mike hasn’t gotten up from his computer yet. These are also a great Go To when you know you will have a house full of people… kid sleepovers, holidays when the whole family is over, etc…
Give this recipe for Make Ahead Freezer Breakfast Sandwich a try and I promise that we will all start our days a bit better. Besides, they are amazing with an XL Dunkin.
How do you like your breakfast sandwiches? I like mine with cheese, Canadian bacon on a near burnt English muffin. Weird? Leave me a comment and let me know! … or just say Hi! I love hearing from you!
- 6 English muffins , sliced
- 1 tbl butter , melted
- 6 eggs , beaten
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 6 slices thick cut Canadian ham or sausage patties
- 6 slices cheddar cheese
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees
- Melt the butter in a microwave safe dish and brush liberally on the open face English muffins. Lay all pieces out on a large cooking sheet pan. Set aside
- Whisk together eggs, water and seasonings and pour into either an 8x8 pan or a large muffin tin sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Cook for 25 minutes then remove from oven.
- If using an 8x8, tip the eggs out onto your cutting surface and use a drinking glass that's the same size as your English muffins, cut out 6 circles. If using the muffin pan, remove eggs (they will be big and poofy at first) and let them sit.
- Increase the oven temperature to Broil and move the oven rack up right underneath the broiler. Slide in your pan of English muffins and let them toast for 2-3 minutes. Keep a close eye.. they burn quick!
- While your eggs are cooking, heat up the Canadian bacon in a skillet on the stove top. Cook for approximately 3-4 minutes each side, depending on how well done you like it. If you are going with the sausage, form 6 patties from your sausage meat and cook for 4-5 minutes each side until cooked though.. remove to a paper towel lined plate to drain away excess grease
- Once your English muffins are toasted, start building your sandwiches. Once done, wrap each individually in plastic wrap and then load them all up into a large zip top freezer bag.
- Freeze up to 1 month
- To Reheat: Unwrap the frozen sandwich and microwave on a paper towel for 1-2 minutes. You can also do what I do and remove the English muffin and pop it in the toaster.