Last Updated on by
Baked Chicken Meatballs are an easy, healthy meatball alternative to kick up your favorite recipes. Baked in the oven and perfectly seasoned, these Baked Chicken Meatballs are the perfect chicken meatballs to add to soups, stews and all of your favorite pasta dishes.
Reasons to love Baked Chicken Meatballs:
- Baked Chicken Meatballs are cute
- They are perfect to add to soups, stews and pasta dishes
- They are easy to make and only take 30 minutes in the oven
- Chicken meatballs are a tasty healthy meatlball alternative to beef meatballs and .. umm… hello! … BAKED!!
- The freeze perfectly so you always have these tender chicken meatballs in your freezer ready to go at a moments notice .. talk about Emergency Prepardness 101
Let me tell you about my new crush.. Baked Chicken Meatballs. These Baked Chicken Meatballs are so easy to make, you wont believe that you haven’t been making these for years already. Now, as a lover of all things pasta, I can tell you that my usual M.O. when it comes to meatballs is grabbing a package of ground beef, rolling up two dozen meatballs, frying them up and then adding them to my spaghetti sauce and mmm… mmmm … good night Irene! I don’t care about calories or healthy choices, I care about my yum a dum dum meatballs getting in my belly!
But then a light came on and I questioned if there was a better way. I mean, I am already ingesting a plate full of pasta so do the meatball calories really matter?
Life lesson: Once you hit 40, EVERYTHING matters!! So off I went to build a tasty healthy meatball alternative and what I was pleasantly surprised with were these super easy Baked Chicken Meatballs that I love love love and that I just know YOU will love too.
BAKED CHICKEN MEATBALLS?
Yeahhhhh buddy!! Now, I can honestly say I have never used ground chicken for anything before. I mean … anything!
(slap my hand!)
So when I wanted to make a healthy meatball, I thought about ground turkey meatballs because I use ground turkey all the time but I finally settled on chicken meatballs because don’t we all already love chicken? I mean, I know I eat chicken probably at least four times a week already so why not add a winner winner chicken meatball dinner to the easy chicken dinner list, as well? These chicken meatballs come out moist and super flavorful and I guarantee you wont even miss the ground beef. Not even once!
HOW DO I USE BAKED CHICKEN MEATBALLS?
Quick answer? … in everything… That’s my quick answer. Seriously, these baked chicken meatballs are so tender and easy to make that you will throwing these little bad boy in everything!! Soups, stews, pasta dishes, meatball subs, breakfast egg scrambles, salads, slow cooker meatballs .. heck .. you can use those little chicken meatballs for just about anything.
HOW DO YOU MAKE BAKED CHICKEN MEATBALLS?
Easy!! To make these Baked Chicken Meatballs, start by preheating your oven to 400 degrees and spray a baking pan with non-stick spray or cover in tin foil. Once done, add all ingredients to a large mixing bowl.
Using your hands, combine well. Using a scooper, spoon or just eyeballing it, roll 25 – 30 small meatballs about the size of a quarter and place on your prepared baking sheet.
Bake for 25 – 30 minutes. Remove from oven and use in your favorite dishes or just gobble them all up in one sitting! No, don’t do that.. the gobbling part!
PRO TIPS FOR MAKING BAKED CHICKEN MEATBALLS
- Use a scooper to measure out identical sized chicken meatballs, no guess work needed!
- These Baked Chicken Meatballs freeze beautifully so it’s very easy to always have these on hand to add into your favorite recipes. Simply let your baked meatballs cool from the oven, line them up on a clean cookie sheet and freeze them for about 30 minutes before moving them to a plastic zip top freezer bag. Now you always have them on hand and all you need to do is move them to your refrigerator to defrost or just toss them in your recipe as is if it is a dish that needs to bake.
- Ingredients are the key to awesome baked chicken meatballs. I prefer panko over regular breadcrumbs and I use a mixture of dried and fresh ingredients. These chicken meatballs come out perfectly browned on the outside and tender on the inside and using quality ingredients ensures you have perfect meatballs every time.
Looking for more easy delicious healthy ideas to share with your family and friends? Check a few of my favorite healthy choice inspired recipes below.
MORE EASY FIGURE FRIENDLY IDEAS
- Spicy Thai Chicken with Coconut Lime Quinoa
- Chicken Tinga Tostadas
- Baked Blueberry Pecan Oatmeal
- Hawaiian Pork Rice Bowl
IF YOU’VE MADE THIS, PLEASE GIVE IT A STAR RATING BELOW!
Baked Chicken Meatballs
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2/3 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese grated
- Start by preheating your oven to 400 degrees and spray a baking pan with non-stick spray. Once done, add all ingredients to a large mixing bowl. Using your hands, combine well. Using a scopper, spoon or just eyeballing it, roll 25 - 30 small meatballs and place on your prepared baking sheet. Bake for 25 - 30 minutes. Remove from oven and use in your favorite dishes