Keto Chicken Meatballs are your favorite ground chicken meatballs made with everyday ingredients but without the breadcrumbs. Loaded with spices, parmesan cheese and fresh herbs, these Keto Chicken Meatballs are low-carb, gluten free and keto friendly but you would never even know it!
Everywhere you look these days there is some new keto recipe transforming your favorite foods into low-carb diet dream recipe. Sometimes it works and sometimes …. meh! I am completely onboard with cutting carbs from my daily routine but I have to draw the line in the sand when it comes to transforming my favorite comfort food recipes into something I can even recognize but still calling it what it once was. I’m not saying my keto recipes are better… I’m just saying I just dont know about using cauliflower for EVERYTHING or adding a ton of ‘unnatural’ ingredients into my Keto Chicken Meatballs.
Call me crazy but I simply don’t want to add crushed pumpkin seeds into my ground chicken meatballs. No.. just…… no!
So let’s talk a minute about meatballs! Who doesn’t love a big plate of perfectly seasoned, perfectly cooked meatballs? They are perfect as appetizer, great in soups and salads, meatball sub sandwiches, tons of savory dinner dishes .. you name it and there is almost alwasy room to add a meatball to it. Now, that being said, let me point out that when it comes to flipping the switch from everyday eating to following a low-carb keto lifestyle, I am simply not a good keto person. I’ve tried, I’ve failed, I’ve tried and I’ve failed again and again but one thing that I was always so happy to be able to eat regardless of what phase of the diet moon I was in, was meatballs. Then, my life absolutely spun on it’s axis when I wrote my Baked Chicken Meatball recipe because now, regardless of the dish, if I am adding meatballs to that dish they are going to be in the form of chicken meatballs and not beef. That’s just how much I love my chicken meatball recipe, no joke. Even my hubby prefers them over beef meatballs so my next mission in life was to convert my ground chicken meatball recipe into a keto friendly chicken meatball recipe but without anything weird or unnatural in it.
So why do I love these low-carb Keto Chicken Meatballs so much??
REASONS TO LOVE KETO CHICKEN MEATBALLS
- Keyo Chicken Meatballs are cute and will love you as much as you love them
- Low-carb meatballs are perfect to add to soups, stews and pasta dishes
- They are easy to make and only take 30 minutes in the oven
- Keto Chicken Meatballs are a tasty healthy meatlball alternative to beef meatballs and .. umm… hello! … BAKED!!
- These low-carb Keto Meatballs freeze perfectly so you always have these tender chicken meatballs in your freezer ready to go at a moments notice .. talk about Emergency Prepardness 101
PRO TIPS FOR MAKING KETO CHICKEN MEATBALLS
- Fresh herbs like parsley really make a difference but using dried parsley in a pinch if perfectly fine, as well.
- Try to form your Keto Chicken Meatballs to be all the same size so that they all cook evenly in the oven. Use a scooper to measure out identical sized chicken meatballs, no guess work needed!
- These Keto Chicken Meatballs freeze beautifully so it’s very easy to always have these on hand to add into your favorite recipes. Simply let your baked meatballs cool from the oven, line them up on a clean cookie sheet and freeze them for about 30 minutes before moving them to a plastic zip top freezer bag. Now you always have them on hand and all you need to do is move them to your refrigerator to defrost or just toss them in your recipe as is if it is a dish that needs to bake.
HOW DO YOU MAKE KETO CHICKEN MEATBALLS?
Easy! To make Keto Chicken Meatballs, pre-heat your oven to 425 degrees, line a baking sheet pan with foil and lightly spray that foil with non-stick spray. Then, add ground chicken, parmesan cheese, egg, oil, fresh parsley and spices to a large bowl and using your hands, mix well until everything is well incorporated.
Using a large spoon or a scooper, portion out your meatballs and place them on your baking sheet. You should get approximately 28-30 meatballs. Bake for 25 minutes, remove from the oven and serve in your favorite low-carb keto dishes.
This Keto Chicken Meatballs recipe is beyond easy to make and has no ingredients you wouldn’t already find in everyday ground chicken meatballs. Just because you are living a low-carb lifestyle, there is no reason to not enjoy your favorite foods and this recipe for Keto Chicken Meatballs is 100% proof of that. No breadcrumbs or off center flour products, no gum paste or ingredients you can’t pronounce … just simple everyday ingredients and you are rewarded with the best Keto Chicken Meatballs you will ever eat!
Looking for more low-carb recipes and keto dishes? Check out a few of my favorites below!
Disclaimer: If you are on a KETO or Low Carb diet, always make sure to double check your own information with the Carb Manager app or My Fitness Pal based on the brands and weights you use. I am not responsible for the calculations but do try to provide as much information as possible for readers to make informed decisions.
KETO CHICKEN MEATBALLS
Keto Chicken Meatballs
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1-1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley .. chopped
- To make Keto Chicken Meatballs, pre-heat your oven to 400 degrees, line a baking sheet pan with foil and lightly spray that foil with non-stick spray.
- Then, add ground chicken, parmesan cheese, egg, oil, fresh parsley and spices to a large bowl and using your hands, mix well until everything is well incorporated. Using a large spoon or a scooper, portion out your meatballs and place them on your baking sheet. You should get approximately 28-30 meatballs. Bake for 25 minutes, remove from the oven and serve in your favorite low-carb keto dishes.
Just made these meatballs! They are delish . Thank you
Barbara Moot says
I noticed in different recipe photos that there was what looked like red pasta sauce. Can prego or Ragu be used for dipping sauce?
Hi Barbara .. these chicken meatballs are 100% universal so you can use them in a variety of recipes or with different dipping sauces .. I will say if you are using them with a ‘spaghetti’ sauce, you may want to check the label if you are following a low-carb lifestyle but yes, dip these meatballs in any sauce you like 🙂
I just made a big batch of these and I followed the recipe exactly.
I would recommend them to anyone.the meatballs turn out very tasty and moist .
Truly the best meatball recipe I’ve ever made.
Great recipe! Been looking for a keto style chicken meatball recipe for a while now. This was easy, tasty and folded into a homemade marinara sauce and served over zoodles. Thank you.
Is it 400 or 425 oven? Recipe says 400, but In the above descriptions, 425 is mentioned. Thank you!
It’s 400 degrees 🙂
Where does the 1-1/2 T of olive oil come into play? Is this meant to be the spray to grease the foil lined pan?
Hi Belinda! You add the oil into your meatball mixture.. it helps make them super moist! I hope you enjoy them 🙂
UGH! So sorry, I can’t see how I missed that!!!!!!
Haha… I do it too 🙂 No worries ♡
Cassie Daniels says
How long do I need to rebake after freezing?!?
These would be perfect for my T1D
Would the nutrition facts be for ONE meatball or is that for all ?
Michael Kirby says
It is for each meatball Jessica, The recipe will make 28 meatballs give or take.