Last Updated on by
Roasted Brussel Sprouts and Kielbasa is the perfect low-carb sheet pan dinner to serve up in just 20 minutes! Made combining fresh brussel sprouts and smoky kielbasa sausage, this Roasted Brussel Sprouts and Kielbasa keto friendly meal is hearty and delicious.
Things I love more than most food choices … Brussels sprouts. Hands down.. BRUSSEL SPROUTS!! Keep in mind, I love pizza and carbs and all things unhealthy but put (most) of those comfort food choices up against healthy food item a.k.a. Brussels sprouts and those little balls of green farty goodness with will every time. Don’t make them complicated, don’t try to make them fancy … just drizzle on some olive oil, my favorite spicy season salt, roast them in the oven or on the BBQ grill and I will stab you with my fork for the last one.
Just ask my husband.
Now, pair those delicious Brussels sprouts with some kielbasa and now you have a party! Whaaaaaat? ….. wait…. what????? Polish sausage and Brussels sprouts? This seems so wrong … and yet … so right!
Trust me, combining roasted Brussels sprouts and kielbasa seem like an unlikely marriage of yummy roasted flavors but I promise that the two together are ridiculously good together. Roasted Brussel Sprouts and Kielbasa make a hearty, delicious easy low-carb dinner idea and you might be surprised to find this will soon be one of your new favorite keto sheet pan meals.
DO BRUSSEL SPROUTS HAVE A LOT OF CARBS?
Meh. Compared to double cheeseburger, no… Brussels sprouts don’t have a lot of carbs. But if you are following a low-carb lifestyle or trying to follow the keto way of life, you will want to watch your Brussels sprouts daily intake. A half-cup serving of cooked Brussels sprouts contains 6 grams of carbs, 2 of which are fiber. That means approximately 4-5 Brussel sprouts equal out to about 4 grams of digestible carbs per serving.
DO YOU COOK EVERYTHING TOGETHER?
Yes! That is the beauty of easy sheet pan dinners… throw everything on your pan and into the oven you go! This Roasted Brussel Sprouts and Kielbasa is no different, one easy pan and one easy timer to watch and you have an easy low carb dinner on your table in under 30 minutes. That, my friends, is truly a thing of beauty when you are rushing to serve up dinner after working all day and running the kids everywhere and did you remember to let the dog out and … (psssst, don’t forget to put the clothes in the drier!!!) …. yup, sheet pan meals are a lifesaver!
HOW DO YOU MAKE ROASTED BRUSSEL SPROUTS AND KIELBASA?
Easy! To make Roasted Brussel Sprouts and Kielbasa, start by preheating your oven to 400 degrees and line a large baking sheet pan with parchment paper. Rinse and pat dry your Brussel sprouts. Trim off the ends and then cut them in half, top down. Move them to a large mixing bowl and drizzle with olive oil and seasong salt and toss well to combine. Pour your Brussel spouts on your lined baking sheet. Next, remove your kielbasa from it’s packaging and cut into bite size pieces. Add them to your baking sheet and stir together with the Brussel sprouts to combine and spread them out in an even layer. Bake for 20 minutes, remove from oven and serve immediately. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
PRO TIPS FOR MAKING ROASTED BRUSSEL SPROUTS AND KIELBASA
- Make sure your Brussel sprouts and kielbasa are a similar size. This ensures everything is cooked to perfection at the same time
- Don’t crowd your pan. You want your veggies and sausage to have room to breathe and cook evenly. Spread them out so they are in a single layer and not crowded for space to achieve ideal roasting resultsw.
Looking for more easy dinner recipes to share with your family and friends? Check a few of my favorite 30 minute meal recipes below.
MORE EASY DINNER RECIPES
- Parmesan Garlic Spaghetti with Chicken Meatballs
- Spicy Thai Chicken with Coconut Lime Quinoa
- Sticky Chicken Rice Bowl
- Creamy Tuscan Chicken with Zoodles
- Easy Chicken Enchiladas
MADE THIS RECIPE? PLEASE LEAVE A STAR RATING BELOW!
Roasted Brussel Sprouts and Kielbasa
- 1 pound medium sized Brussel sprouts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt .. my favorite is a Habanaro Lime grinder but any seasoning salt or simply salt and pepper will work fine
- 12 ounces smoked kielbasa, halved lengthwise then cut into bite size pieces
- To make Roasted Brussel Sprouts and Kielbasa, start by preheating your oven to 400 degrees and line a large baking sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Rinse and pat dry your Brussel sprouts. Trim off the ends and then cut them in half, top down. Move them to a large mixing bowl and drizzle with olive oil and seasong salt and toss well to combine. Pour your Brussel spouts on your lined baking sheet.
- Next, remove your kielbasa from it's packaging and cut into bite size pieces. Add them to your baking sheet and stir together with the Brussel sprouts to combine and spread them out in an even layer. Bake for 20 minutes, remove from oven and serve immediately.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.