Blackberry Lemon Cheesecake Bars are the perfect sweet treat that won’t weigh you down. Tart, creamy and decadent, these are easy and delicious every time.
If I had to narrow down out of all of the scrumptious desserts in the entire world down to just one .. my very favorite dessert EVER… it would probably have to be cheesecake. Creamy, decadent, AM-A-ZING cheesecake! From plain cheesecake all the way to my Triple Chocolate Mocha Cheesecake, it’s all perfection as far as I am concerned.
Now enter the
warm SO HOT IT MELTS YOUR FACE OFF days of summer and the last thing you want is something heavy to weigh you down. That’s why these Blackberry Lemon Cheesecake Bars are the perfect solution!! Tart, simple and purposely made thin, these compact cheesecake bars are sure to tease your taste buds without sinking you down into a bloated belly food coma… not that any of us know anything about THAT, right?
Perfect as a light snack after school, a sweet treat around the pool or just a “Hey, You Are Awesome” gift to yourself, these Blackberry Lemon Cheesecake Bars are perfect for any occasion.
Even if its just a reward for surviving another summer 🙂
Blackberry Lemon Cheesecake Bars
- The Crust
- 14 oz Chocolate Sandwich Cookies , pulverized
- 3 tbl butter , melted
- The Blackberry Puree - Make Ahead of Time
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blackberries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- The Lemon Cheesecake
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 8 oz cream cheese , softened
- Lemon , juiced
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tbl sour cream
- In a small sauce pan, combine blackberries and sugar and heat over medium / medium high heat. Lighly crush blackberries with tip of spoon or whisk to release the juice. Bring to a low boil then turn down the heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and strain blackberry puree through a fine mesh strainer to remove the seeds. Move puree to the refrigerator for 1 hour or to the freezer for 20 minutes. Do not let freeze, you just want to cool it to near room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- For the crust, start by adding the sandwich cookies to a food processor and pulse until pulverized
- Move to a large mixing bowl and add the melted butter, stir to combine and then transfer to a 8x8 baking pan lined with parchment paper
- Using your fingers, press cookie mixture firmly into the bottom of the pan and set aside
- In a large mixing bowl, add cream cheese and and beat with hand mixer until creamy.
- Add sugar, salt, lemon, egg and sour cream and mix until smooth and creamy
- Pour cheesecake mixture on top of the cookie crust.
- Using a spoon, drizzle cooled blackberry puree on top of the cheesecake filling. Do not mix!
- Drag a toothpick or a knife back and forth through the blackberry topping going as deep into the filling as you can without touching the crust.
- Move to the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes then remove to a wire rack to cool. Move to refrigerator to cool overnight
- Lift parchment paper up to remove cheesecake bars, cut and serve
- Refrigerate left over bars